creating thumbnails

shank

Is it possible to create thumbnails on-the-fly in ASP? I'm aware of
ASPImage, but that appears to create actual files. I want to know if I can
make 300 x 300 pixel artwork, and have ASP generate any size I prefer. Maybe
I want 50 pixel on this page and 92 pixel on another. I realize I can set
the height and width, but I want to actually decrease the download size
also. I don't want to recreate a new file for every size. Is this possible?

thanks

Dominique

either way, a new file will be created.
i assume this would happen when you upload the image in the first place.

anyhows, asp can't do it on its own. you'll need third party controls(COM)

it sounds like you want a freebie solution.
the best out there is actually the GFL SDK (i have NO idea why its free),
coz you can do absolutely anything with it, if you know what ur doing.

here ya go:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=gfl+sdk&spell=1

Randy Rahbar

Is it possible to create thumbnails on-the-fly in ASP? I'm aware of
ASPImage, but that appears to create actual files. I want to know if I can
make 300 x 300 pixel artwork, and have ASP generate any size I prefer. Maybe
I want 50 pixel on this page and 92 pixel on another. I realize I can set
the height and width, but I want to actually decrease the download size
also. I don't want to recreate a new file for every size. Is this
possible?

This is very possible (and fairly easy) with ASP.NET - if you're willing to
take that jump.

Dominique

true that...
much less trouble once ur running.