    the height and width, but I want to actually decrease the download size
    also. I don't want to recreate a new file for every size. Is this possible?

    thanks
    shank, May 6, 2004

  2. shank

    Dominique Guest

    either way, a new file will be created.
    i assume this would happen when you upload the image in the first place.

    anyhows, asp can't do it on its own. you'll need third party controls(COM)

    it sounds like you want a freebie solution.
    the best out there is actually the GFL SDK (i have NO idea why its free),
    coz you can do absolutely anything with it, if you know what ur doing.

    here ya go:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=gfl sdk&spell=1

    "shank" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to create thumbnails on-the-fly in ASP? I'm aware of
    > ASPImage, but that appears to create actual files. I want to know if I can
    > make 300 x 300 pixel artwork, and have ASP generate any size I prefer.

    Maybe

    Dominique, May 6, 2004

  3. shank

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > Is it possible to create thumbnails on-the-fly in ASP? I'm aware of
    > ASPImage, but that appears to create actual files. I want to know if I can
    > make 300 x 300 pixel artwork, and have ASP generate any size I prefer.

    Maybe
    > I want 50 pixel on this page and 92 pixel on another. I realize I can set
    > the height and width, but I want to actually decrease the download size
    > also. I don't want to recreate a new file for every size. Is this

    possible?

    This is very possible (and fairly easy) with ASP.NET - if you're willing to
    take that jump.

    --
    "Be cool, my babies" - Conan O'Brien
    Randy Rahbar, May 6, 2004
  4. shank

    Dominique Guest

    true that...
    much less trouble once ur running.

    Dominique, May 6, 2004
  5. shank

    shank Guest

    This is very possible (and fairly easy) with ASP.NET - if you're willing to
    > take that jump.

    Nope... not ready for that hurdle yet.
    thanks
    shank, May 6, 2004