creating users from a text file in Plone : how ?

Jean-Francois Boisvieux

the subject is the question, anybody could provide me a pointer on this
subject ?

Thanks

JF

Duncan Booth

Jean-Francois Boisvieux said:
the subject is the question, anybody could provide me a pointer on this
subject ?

You should always put the question in the body of the message. Not all
newsreaders make it easy to see the subject when the body is displayed.

Posting to one of the Plone lists is more likely to get you a comprehensive
answer, but:

Subject: creating users from a text file in Plone : how ?

Use:

acl_users.changeOrCreateUsers(new_users=listofUserIds,
default_password=whatever, REQUEST=REQUEST)

to create a list of users, then iterate through them calling

user = portal_membership.getMemberById(userid)
user.setMemberProperties({'email':email, 'fullname':fullName})

to get the user object and set the fullname and email.