Creating VS Application on 64-bit system to deploy to 32-bit

Burton Roberts

If I buy a 64-bit machine and create VS2008 windows smart-client
applications on it, can I still deploy those applications to 32-bit clients?
Can I still use 32 bit SQL Server Developer, too?

I'm having performance issues with Vista Ultimate on my 2G laptop, and ram
is maxed out.

I'll welcome opinions on the best configuration for VS2008 application
development.

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes. Just make sure you do not put the 64-bit compiler optimization(s) on
the release build.