Creating watermark with transparency on jpeg using PIL?

tvmaly

Terry Hancock

I have been trying to add a watermark to a jpeg using PIL, but the
watermark has a black box around it. I looked at [...]
but I think these only refer to gif or png. I know jpegs really do not
support transparency, but is there some way to take a watermark in a
non jpeg format and add it to a jpeg without that box appearing around
it?

Jpeg is a lossy compression format. You shouldn't do image processing
in such a format at all. Convert the data to PNG, do your processing,
and convert back to JPG for delivery. PIL can do that.