    possible at least using VS 2005 Pro.

    Thanks
    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 17, 2007

  2. What if you make a separate project containing the controls only? It should
    compile into a single dll.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > What if you make a separate project containing the controls only? It
    > should compile into a single dll.
    >
    > --
    > Eliyahu Goldin,
    > Software Developer
    > Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    > http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
    > http://usableasp.net
    >

    > "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to create a library of Web UserControls. It seems (and
    >> most likely this is the answer) that when I create either a class library
    >> or a Web Control Library, I cannot add Web User control to that library.
    >> I would like to have them as a dll which I can reference but it doesn't
    >> seem possible at least using VS 2005 Pro.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Lloyd Sheen

    This is what I am attempting to accomplish. When I look at my published
    site though I can see the .ascx code for each of the Web UserControls.
    Remember I am not trying to use Web Usercontrols not Web Custom Controls
    (what an unfortunate naming mistake).

    I can create a Web Custom Control project and it auto adds a Web Custom
    Control. In this project there is no way to add a Web Usercontrol.

    Thanks
    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 17, 2007
  4. Lloyd Sheen

    bruce barker Guest

    the design of web user controls is not conducive to this.

    while you can compile them into a dll with aspnet_compiler and the
    aspnet_merge, to actually use the control, along with the reference to the
    dll, you still need the ascx file.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 17, 2007