    I wanted to know how to make a properly formated word
    document from asp. Can some one direct me to all the
    propertise of CreateObject("word.application"). Thanks!
    QQ, Jan 6, 2004

  2. QQ

    Bob Barrows Guest

    QQ wrote:
    > I wanted to know how to make a properly formated word
    > document from asp. Can some one direct me to all the
    > propertise of CreateObject("word.application"). Thanks!

    Check this out before you go too far:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q257757

    If that does not deter you, then check these google results:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ASP Word Document

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows, Jan 6, 2004

  3. > I wanted to know how to make a properly formated word
    > document from asp. Can some one direct me to all the
    > propertise of CreateObject("word.application"). Thanks!

    We've had good success creating documents in Rich Text Format (RTF),
    which Microsoft Word can create/read/write. See the article "HOWTO: Use
    ASP to Generate a Rich Text Format (RTF) Document to Stream to Microsoft
    Word" at
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q270/9/06.ASP&NoWebContent=1

    Good Luck,
    Michael D. Kersey