Creating Word Document in ASP.NET Application

Guest

Hi all, I'm using C# in my ASP.NET application and cannot seem to access the
MS word libraries to create a word document for some reason.

I have used both of these tutorials:
http://www.dotnetspider.com/Technology/KBPages/587.aspx
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

But if I follow the instructions provided in the second tutorial I just end
up with the error:
C:\myDir\myWebPage.aspx.cs(69): The type or namespace name 'Word' could not
be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

However, after doing some more reading in various places on the web - I
found that some people need to "use" the library in their code - so I've
tried a variety of different "using" statements - for instance:
using Word = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word;

However, when I do the above the code simply for a long time and eventually
returns:
exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Server
execution failed at ....

from the line:
Word.ApplicationClass objWord = new Word.ApplicationClass();

At that point I was using this COM library:
Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library

However, after some further searching online I found other people suggesting
that instead of the above COM library I should use the following COM library:
Microsoft Office 11.0 Object Library

I have tried both independently (in my list of references) and with both
included.

I don't know what I should be doing differently - it would seem that some
people must have enjoyed success using this tutorial:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

So I have to assume I have some security setting or something that prevents
me from using office from within my asp.net application - perhaps something
in my web.config?

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks,
Novice

Guest

The problem seems to have been caused by the user being impersonated not
having sufficient privileges to use Microsoft Word. After switching to the
Administrator account I was able to create the word document without a
problem.

Thanks,
Novice