    convert source code to library files like .a or .so or .dll?

    Thanks.

    Nupul.

    NUPUL, Apr 11, 2007

  2. On Apr 10, 11:04 pm, "NUPUL" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Say I wish to create my own library of certain classes/methods (for
    > Linux/Windows/Solaris) and give the corresponding bindings in C++. How
    > do I go about it? Are there special "library" creators for it that
    > convert source code to library files like .a or .so or .dll?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Nupul.

    I have the instructions available on my C++ webpage (
    http://www.bushidohacks.com/tutorials/gcc.php ). Jump down to the
    "Using GCC" section. I have short table of the commands that can show
    you the basic information for compiling, archiving (which you probably
    want to look at), and linking.

    The concept behind libraries, or archives, is the same as creating
    a .tar file for compressing files into tarballs. If you understand
    how that works, you'll have no trouble using the archiving program.

    :)

    Bushido Hacks, Apr 11, 2007

  3. NUPUL

    NUPUL Guest

    On Apr 11, 9:46 am, "Bushido Hacks" <> wrote:

    > I have the instructions available on my C++ webpage (http://www.bushidohacks.com/tutorials/gcc.php). Jump down to the
    > "Using GCC" section. I have short table of the commands that can show
    > you the basic information for compiling, archiving (which you probably
    > want to look at), and linking.
    >
    > The concept behind libraries, or archives, is the same as creating
    > a .tar file for compressing files into tarballs. If you understand
    > how that works, you'll have no trouble using the archiving program.

    Thank you. I did go to your website and did pick up the command.

    One more thing...In general, is it possible to write a library in C++
    (or any other language for that matter) and give a binding for a
    different language like perl etc?

    Regards,

    Nupul

    NUPUL, Apr 13, 2007
  4. NUPUL

    Guest

    On Apr 13, 7:21 am, "NUPUL" <> wrote:

    > One more thing...In general, is it possible to write a library in C++
    > (or any other language for that matter) and give a binding for a
    > different language like perl etc?

    More than just Perl.

    http://swig.org

    , Apr 13, 2007