Creating your own library and it's bindings in C++

NUPUL

Hi,

Say I wish to create my own library of certain classes/methods (for
Linux/Windows/Solaris) and give the corresponding bindings in C++. How
do I go about it? Are there special "library" creators for it that
convert source code to library files like .a or .so or .dll?

Thanks.

Nupul.

Bushido Hacks

Hi,

Say I wish to create my own library of certain classes/methods (for
Linux/Windows/Solaris) and give the corresponding bindings in C++. How
do I go about it? Are there special "library" creators for it that
convert source code to library files like .a or .so or .dll?

Thanks.

Nupul.

I have the instructions available on my C++ webpage (
http://www.bushidohacks.com/tutorials/gcc.php ). Jump down to the
"Using GCC" section. I have short table of the commands that can show
you the basic information for compiling, archiving (which you probably
want to look at), and linking.

The concept behind libraries, or archives, is the same as creating
a .tar file for compressing files into tarballs. If you understand
how that works, you'll have no trouble using the archiving program.

:)

NUPUL

I have the instructions available on my C++ webpage (http://www.bushidohacks.com/tutorials/gcc.php). Jump down to the
"Using GCC" section. I have short table of the commands that can show
you the basic information for compiling, archiving (which you probably
want to look at), and linking.

The concept behind libraries, or archives, is the same as creating
a .tar file for compressing files into tarballs. If you understand
how that works, you'll have no trouble using the archiving program.

Thank you. I did go to your website and did pick up the command.

One more thing...In general, is it possible to write a library in C++
(or any other language for that matter) and give a binding for a
different language like perl etc?

Regards,

Nupul