    So please tell me how to create ASPNET user in Active Directory 2003.

    Thanking you

    Gunjan Desai

    Gunjan Desai, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Gunjan Desai

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    ASPNET user account is a local account. Unless ASP.NET is installed on a
    Domain Controller (where there are no local accounts), you will not see an
    ASPNET account in Active Directory

    Cheers
    Ken

    --
    Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
    Web: www.adopenstatic.com

    "Gunjan Desai" <> wrote in message
    : Hello,
    : I unable to see ASPNET user in Active directory 2003. I installed
    : asp.net on windows 2003 & IIS.
    :
    : So please tell me how to create ASPNET user in Active Directory 2003.

    Ken Schaefer, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Gunjan Desai

    Gunjan Desai Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks for reply me. How to install asp.net on domain controller.

    Thanking you

    Gunjan Desai

    Gunjan Desai, Mar 29, 2005
  4. Gunjan Desai

    Brock Allen Guest

    Umm, I don't know if I'd suggest this. This implies that you'll be installing
    IIS on the domain controller. From a security perspective I don't think your
    network admins will be happy about that.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Gunjan Desai

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Well, you'd only need to install .NET Framework (IIS not necessary).

    But since the ASPNET account is just an arbitrary account with a certain set
    of privileges, I agree that you'd be better off just creating an account to
    use, rather than installing unnecessary stuff.

    Cheers
    Ken

    --

    "Brock Allen" <> wrote in message
    : Umm, I don't know if I'd suggest this. This implies that you'll be
    installing
    : IIS on the domain controller. From a security perspective I don't think
    your
    : network admins will be happy about that.
    :
    : -Brock
    : DevelopMentor
    : http://staff.develop.com/ballen
    :
    :
    :
    : > Hello,
    : >
    : > Thanks for reply me. How to install asp.net on domain controller.
    : >
    : > Thanking you
    : >
    : > Gunjan Desai
    : >
    : > "Ken Schaefer" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >
    : >> ASPNET user account is a local account. Unless ASP.NET is installed
    : >> on a Domain Controller (where there are no local accounts), you will
    : >> not see an ASPNET account in Active Directory
    : >>
    : >> Cheers
    : >> Ken
    : >> --
    : >> Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
    : >> Web: www.adopenstatic.com
    : >> "Gunjan Desai" <> wrote in message
    : >> news:...
    : >> : Hello,
    : >> : I unable to see ASPNET user in Active directory 2003. I
    : >> installed
    : >> : asp.net on windows 2003 & IIS.
    : >> :

    Ken Schaefer, Mar 30, 2005
  6. Hello Gunjan,

    what do you want to achieve? do you want to run a web application on a member
    server under a domain account??

    you can configure ASP.NET to run under any account - you don't need an ASPNET
    domain account to achieve that.

    this can be configured in IIS6 app pools or machine.config on non-IIS6 machines.

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Apr 1, 2005