    actually i have oracle and also cartidge like module . but how to do
    this interfacing work .

    , Mar 15, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > i would like create one oracle cartridge for chemical database . can
    > any one tell how to amke tht application as a standalone and how can we
    > allow any programming language to access this application.
    > actually i have oracle and also cartidge like module . but how to do
    > this interfacing work .

    Are you sure you are talking to the right people here?

    /tom

    tom fredriksen, Mar 15, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 14 Mar 2006 22:01:53 -0800, wrote, quoted
    or indirectly quoted someone who said :

    > i would like create one oracle cartridge for chemical database . can
    >any one tell how to amke tht application as a standalone and how can we
    >allow any programming language to access this application.
    > actually i have oracle and also cartidge like module . but how to do
    >this interfacing work .

    Your biggest problem would be finding the money to pay Oracle the fees
    to let you redistribute. Depending on the size of the database, you
    might get away with one much cheaper and simpler to deploy, e.g. a
    purely ram based one in pure java that needs no special deployment.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Mar 15, 2006