creation of the code documentation in XML

Pierre

Hello,

In VS2003, for an ASP.NET web project in VB, I would like to create the
documentation from the inline xml comment like :

''' <summary>
''' comment sample
''' </summary>
public sub MySub()
end sub

I have added the compiler options "/doc" in the web config file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true">

<compilers>

<compiler language="vb"

extension=".vb"

type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider,system, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"

compilerOptions="/doc:eek:ser3.xxx"/>

</compilers>

</compilation>

But I do not get the "oser3.xxx" file, anywhere, when I build the solution.

What is wrong ?

Thanks.

Best regards.
and happy new year ;-)

Pierre.

Guest

VS.NET 2003 does not support XML code documentation for Visual Basic. Only VS
2005 does.

Julien

It supports, but you should use some add-ins. I use VB Commenter to
automatically comment my code, like in C#. This add-in also generate
..xml file, which I use with NDoc to generate html help file