Credentials problem

Eric Vantroeyen

Hello,

I have written an asp.net application which collects some messages from Exchange Server 2003 in a public folder, using WebDav protocol.

When I run it on my machine, the interaction with Exchange works well, but when I deploy the application on an other server of our intranet, i can't reach the Exchange Server public folder, DefaultCredentials doesn't seem to transfert proper informations.

On my web server, user authenticate with windows authentication, and anonymous is disabled. Also on the Exchange Server anonymous is disabled.

OWA is installed and works prerfectly.

Does anyone have a solution, or an idea of my problem

Regards

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

Hi Eric,
but when I deploy the application on an other server of our intranet, i
can't reach the Exchange Server public folder,

I believe that the authenticated user (or the impersonated user)
does not have permissions to access Exchange Server.

What do you think?
--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

Eric Vantroeyen said:
Hello,

I have written an asp.net application which collects some messages from
Exchange Server 2003 in a public folder, using WebDav protocol.
When I run it on my machine, the interaction with Exchange works well, but
when I deploy the application on an other server of our intranet, i can't
reach the Exchange Server public folder, DefaultCredentials doesn't seem to
transfert proper informations.
On my web server, user authenticate with windows authentication, and
anonymous is disabled. Also on the Exchange Server anonymous is disabled.

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

My guess is that this is a Kerberos delegation problem. If you use
Integrated authentication, you get an impersonation token on the IIS side.
This type of token will not hop to another machine on the network unless
Keberos delegation is enabled.

DefaultCredentials takes advantage of the underlying security system and
would have this exact problem.

I'd suggest reading up on Kerberos delegation to see what you can learn
about it.

Joe K.

Eric Vantroeyen said:
Hi,

in fact the authenticated user as access to the server.

When I test the access from my machine, or from the web server in both
case I use the same account. In one case it works ... but the client and the
server is on the same machine, that's the only difference.