Credit Card Payments?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by nm, May 2, 2004.

  1. nm

    nm Guest

    Hi,

    I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
    develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
    cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
    being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
    have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
    client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
    manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.

    I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
    credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
    I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
    where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.

    What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
    payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
    level.

    Thank you!

    nm, May 2, 2004

  2. nm

    Dan Brussee Guest

    >I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
    >develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
    >cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
    >being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
    >have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
    >client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
    >manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
    >
    >I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
    >credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
    >I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
    >where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
    >
    >What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
    >payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
    >level.

    Payflow is exactly what you are looking for. Although they will link
    with existing shopping cart systems, in the end, all you need to do is
    pass them the information you have collected, let the user fill in the
    credit card info on their site (or if you absolutely must, collect the
    cc info yourself and pass that too) and let them verify the card and
    charge it.

    What you then want to do is have a postback to your site passing the
    verification information back. You can have an order ID passed to it
    and back along with the verification to link back up with the order
    number.

    Works well on the site that I used it for.

    Dan Brussee, May 2, 2004

  3. nm

    Dan Brussee Guest

    >I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
    >develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
    >cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process also
    >being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
    >have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
    >client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
    >manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
    >
    >I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
    >credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The things
    >I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
    >where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
    >
    >What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
    >payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
    >level.

    Oh... check out PayPal too. They do not require a PayPal account for
    the purchaser any more. Cool!

    Dan Brussee, May 2, 2004
  4. nm

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    I've worked with link LinkPoint and Authorize.Net. Authorize.Net is the
    best that I've encoutered.

    Ron Vecchi, May 2, 2004
  5. "nm" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a developer quite familiar with the C# language and .NET framework. I
    > develop mainly data driven websites. All of our past clients have shopping
    > cart systems developed by me in ASP.NET with the final checkout process

    also
    > being written by me and handled over SSL. However for all past clients we
    > have simply "taken" the credit card information via the website and the
    > client of ours then reviews the orders (via SSL as well of course) and
    > manually process them in their brick and mortar shop.
    >
    > I am looking to take the next step and autmatically charge (and refund)
    > credit cards, but I'm having trouble finding information on this. The

    things
    > I've seen like the Payflow Link stuff at Verisign seems to be for sites
    > where you subscribe to someone elses pre-fabricated shopping cart system.
    >
    > What I'm looking for is instructions of how to integrate credit card
    > payments within your own code / shopping cart, more down at the object
    > level.
    >
    > Thank you!

    I've used both LinkPoint and PayPal APIs and IMHO they are very compatible
    and PayPal's is free.

    DM McGowan II, May 2, 2004
  6. nm

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    If you want to go to the next step and establish a merchant account, I've
    had good experience with Nova. You can contact:

    Daryl Pogue
    Sales
    Nova Merchant Services
    United States of America
    (404) 441-5630 (business)
    (866) 764-8332 x8545 (business)
    (770) 505-8405 (fax)

    Their viaKlix interface is quite straightforward, and the rates are
    reasonable (depending on volume, of course...).

    Rick Spiewak, May 3, 2004
  7. nm

    nm Guest

    Ooooo okay. When I went through the PayFlow tour on their site it didn't
    really explain it like that made it sound more like they give you some "plug
    in" for your pre fab shopping cart crap, like if you used some push button
    Dreamweaver shopping cart system. And I didnt see .NET in the list so
    figured there was no solution. If Payflow just takes a post and sends back
    confirmation, that kind of thing, great! I assume the "docs" you get are
    thorough when you sign up? Also is this with the Payflow Link (the cheap
    one) or only with the higher end version?

    Thanks again

    nm, May 3, 2004
  8. nm

    nm Guest

    So does this mean someone could use "Paypal"s services, by way of integrated
    API's in your .NET custom built shopping cart, supplying only normal credit
    card information, without having to setup a Paypal account or fill in more
    information than a normal credit card purchase? If so, sounds pretty decent
    as another poster said their API is nice. Can anyone post an example of just
    a few lines of code to give me an idea of what it's like to work with these
    APIs?

    Also, I assume there's a fee to setup the merchant account, a fee to setup
    the Paypal or Payflow Link once, and then a per transaction fee for both?

    nm, May 3, 2004
  9. nm

    Guoqi Zheng Guest

    I am in Holland, I have been using bibit.com for a long time. You need to
    use XML to communicate with them...

    --
    Kind regards

    Guoqi Zheng
    guoqi AT meetholland dot com
    Http://www.meetholland.com

    Guoqi Zheng, May 3, 2004
  10. nm

    Eric M Guest

    Take a look at the IP*Works! CC ICharge .NET component - www.nsoftware.com. It
    allows you to easily add credit card transaction processing with just about
    every major Internet payment gateway.

    The components provide the same
    interface to all of the payment gateways, so if one of them raises their rates,
    or provides poor service, you can switch providers without having to change any
    of your credit card processing code.

    -Eric

    -

    Eric M, May 4, 2004