Credit card validation class?

Joerg Gippert

Hi everyone!

I´m looking for a credit card validation class for my webapp. I´ve seen
on the Apache website, the commons-validator class has a feature like
this. But it´s only mentioned in the API and the version that is
downloadable doesn´t support that feature yet. Is there anything like
that freely available? Or does anyone have links to the algorithms so I
can programm it myselfe? I just want to to check the correctness of the
entered data and not a full billing system.

Thanks for any hint!

Regards,
Joerg

Rene

Joerg Gippert said:
I´m looking for a credit card validation class for my webapp. I´ve seen
on the Apache website, the commons-validator class has a feature like
this. But it´s only mentioned in the API and the version that is
downloadable doesn´t support that feature yet. Is there anything like
that freely available? Or does anyone have links to the algorithms so I
can programm it myselfe? I just want to to check the correctness of the
entered data and not a full billing system.

Dunno if its fully correct. At least it works with my card:

http://www.beachnet.com/~hstiles/cardtype.html

Its very easy actually.

HTH

Marco Schmidt

Joerg Gippert:
I´m looking for a credit card validation class for my webapp. I´ve seen
on the Apache website, the commons-validator class has a feature like
this. But it´s only mentioned in the API and the version that is
downloadable doesn´t support that feature yet. Is there anything like
that freely available? Or does anyone have links to the algorithms so I
can programm it myselfe? I just want to to check the correctness of the
entered data and not a full billing system.

Check out <http://mindprod.com/creditcard.html>.

Regards,
Marco

Mladen Adamovic

Roedy Green said:
It does not talk to the credit card company, just does the checkdigit
validation.

Is there any credit card library which TALK to the credit card company and
which is free?

Joerg Gippert

Thanks for all your input. Will go and check out the links you posted.

Regards,
Joerg