critical app. exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by gtbuzz, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. gtbuzz

    gtbuzz Guest

    The application works fine on broswers, written in ASP.NET (VB). After
    I modified the global.asax to recorde the unhandled run time exception
    to windows event log.
    Even I got this error, web app still runs fine.
    I found some strange error message like below:
    ----------start of msg-----
    Critical Application Exception: /gawia/Sch/WIA EPL Eligible
    Providers_files/SchTitle.aspx

    /gawia/Sch/WIA EPL Eligible Providers_files/SchTitle.aspx

    System.Web.HttpException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpException
    was
    thrown. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Webroot\gawia\Sch\WIA
    EPL Eligible Providers_files\SchTitle.aspx at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
    String
    requestType, String url, String path) at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
    at
    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecution
    Step.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep
    step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    -----------end of msg----

    The real location of the aspx code is at:
    /gawia/Sch/SchTitle.aspx
    From the error message above where does the strange fildor name coming
    from?
    /gawia/Sch/WIA EPL Eligible Providers_files/SchTitle.aspx
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    (it looks like the page title in the aspx page + "_files")
    If the server tries to find that kind of file:
    /gawia/Sch/WIA EPL Eligible Providers_files/SchTitle.aspx, it brings
    up the file not found exception obviously.
    But, at what point it tries to found that url?

    Is there something wrong in my IIS, .net framework, deploy process,
    caching...?
    Thanks in advance.

    Jay
    gtbuzz, Nov 21, 2003