    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009

  2. Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,
    > and need some feedback from the community. The url is
    > [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >
    > All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When
    > responding, especially with a bug, please indicate browser and
    > operating system.

    I don't care much for the purple background.

    Is the contact page supposed to be there? All links seem to work except
    that, and the site map. No stubs yet? [ http://error.000webhost.com/ ]

    Also, I don't have "hobo bt" font. :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 4, 2009

  3. On 2009-10-04, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school, and
    > need some feedback from the community. The url is
    > [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >
    > All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When responding,
    > especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    Looks good, but it's missing a background colour.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 4, 2009
  4. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> writing in news:ha8vch$olh$-
    september.org:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >
    >> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,
    >> and need some feedback from the community. The url is
    >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>
    >> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When
    >> responding, especially with a bug, please indicate browser and
    >> operating system.

    > I don't care much for the purple background.

    It's actually navy - it's the school colors, not my choice, really.

    > Is the contact page supposed to be there? All links seem to work

    except
    > that, and the site map. No stubs yet? [ http://error.000webhost.com/

    ]

    It's a footer that I've copied over from other footers. I'll be fixing
    those when I actually get the pages done.

    > Also, I don't have "hobo bt" font. :)

    If you are using a browser that understands @font-face, you should have
    seen the hobo bt font, if not, you should have seen another san-serif
    font.

    Thank you for the review. Helps a lot.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chris F.A. Johnson"
    <> writing in

    > On 2009-10-04, Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,
    >> and need some feedback from the community. The url is
    >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>
    >> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When
    >> responding, especially with a bug, please indicate browser and
    >> operating system.

    > Looks good, but it's missing a background colour.

    Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour. That's been
    fixed.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009
  6. Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chris F.A. Johnson"
    >> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >>> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,
    >>> and need some feedback from the community. The url is
    >>> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>>
    >>> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When
    >>> responding, especially with a bug, please indicate browser and
    >>> operating system.

    >> Looks good, but it's missing a background colour.

    > Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour.
    > That's been fixed.

    That's what I meant. :) My default background is a light purple .. for
    situations just like this.

    > [and] If you are using a browser that understands @font-face, you should
    > have seen the hobo bt font, if not, you should have seen another
    > san-serif font.

    Firefox 3.0.14, Opera 9.64, Ubuntu 8.04, GNOME. No hoboes.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 4, 2009
  7. Adrienne Boswell

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns9C99B879F7C0Farbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school, and
    > need some feedback from the community. The url is
    > [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >
    > All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When responding,
    > especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    Hi Adrienne, just a couple of remarks. First, nice, as to be expected.

    * I like the yellow with the dark blue. And plus, it is useful to
    co-ordinate with the needed dark bg of the nav links and white/yellow
    text on these and the right sidebar.

    * I would lose the borders on the sidebar. First it looks better
    without, Second, you are already fighting for width space (horiz bars
    loom early for users with thin browsers and you are guarding against
    early float drop.)

    * Suggest in the fight against width, instead of 1em all around,
    #content {padding: .5em 0 .5em .5em; ...}. You already have white buffer
    to left of the container element without any padding (put a thin border
    on container to see)

    * Suggest to add #header address { ... padding-left: .5em; ...}

    And now some other ideas, fancy things maybe, but if they work, would
    make it look sort of neater without the yellow hanging at a different
    height to the blue.

    If you can be reasonably confident of the nav left not being so full of
    content that it would push the yellow below the content:

    One more wrapper! And a very few additions to CSS.

    CSS:

    #bigWrap {overflow: hidden; background: #ffd700; ...}
    #container {background: #fff; ...}
    #content {padding: .5em 0 .5em .5em;...}
    and
    take border off nav

    You likely don't need a min-height on nav now...

    Enough for now maybe.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 4, 2009
  8. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    <> writing in

    > In article <Xns9C99B879F7C0Farbpenyahoocom@188.40.43.213>,
    > Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >
    >> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,
    >> and need some feedback from the community. The url is
    >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>
    >> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome. When
    >> responding, especially with a bug, please indicate browser and
    >> operating system.
    >>

    > Hi Adrienne, just a couple of remarks. First, nice, as to be expected.
    >
    > * I like the yellow with the dark blue. And plus, it is useful to
    > co-ordinate with the needed dark bg of the nav links and white/yellow
    > text on these and the right sidebar.
    >
    > * I would lose the borders on the sidebar. First it looks better
    > without, Second, you are already fighting for width space (horiz bars
    > loom early for users with thin browsers and you are guarding against
    > early float drop.)
    >
    > * Suggest in the fight against width, instead of 1em all around,
    > #content {padding: .5em 0 .5em .5em; ...}. You already have white
    > buffer to left of the container element without any padding (put a
    > thin border on container to see)
    >
    > * Suggest to add #header address { ... padding-left: .5em; ...}
    >
    > And now some other ideas, fancy things maybe, but if they work, would
    > make it look sort of neater without the yellow hanging at a different
    > height to the blue.
    >
    > If you can be reasonably confident of the nav left not being so full
    > of content that it would push the yellow below the content:
    >
    > One more wrapper! And a very few additions to CSS.

    > CSS:
    >
    > #bigWrap {overflow: hidden; background: #ffd700; ...}
    > #container {background: #fff; ...}
    > #content {padding: .5em 0 .5em .5em;...}
    > and
    > take border off nav
    >
    > You likely don't need a min-height on nav now...
    >
    > Enough for now maybe.

    Thank you, I'm going to work on your suggestions tomorrow. I'll be back
    with revisions.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009
  9. Adrienne Boswell

    GTalbot Guest

    [followup-to set to alt.html]

    On 3 oct, 21:08, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school, and
    > need some feedback from the community.  The url is
    > [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >
    > All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome.  When responding,
    > especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    Hi!

    1-
    I would remove this:
    <link rel="home" href="index.php" title="Index Page" />
    J. Nielsen and others (V. Flanders) recommend to avoid self-linking
    webpages.

    2- I am personally against double color contrast sets. I think it
    should always be dark color (say, black) on light background color
    (say white) all over since we have been day animals for the last
    200,000 years. Color contrast, color brightness is very important but
    having 2 sets of color contrasts in a webpage is, IMO, unnatural,
    visually confusing and visually incoherent.

    3- PTA: by chance, I glanced at the title element and there I saw what
    PTA actually means... for the first time. I wonder why the most
    important text (PTA) is not defined in its extended form in the
    entrance webpage: Parent Teacher Association.

    4- When I resize browser window viewport (at around 850px) in Firefox
    3.5.3 under Windows, then the sidebar goes under. I'm not saying here
    that this is a bug or anything. I just noticed this.

    5-
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

    Personally, I am more and more following the W3C recommendation on
    favicon and trying to have Microsoft comply with it (and to drop
    rel="shortcut icon"). See

    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/#bug2

    and

    W3C Quality Assurance tip, How to Add a Favicon to your Site
    http://www.w3.org/2005/10/howto-favicon

    6- Your validation buttons are perfect IMO.

    7-
    body {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    }

    Personally, I am against resetting CSS default values, especially when
    modern browsers (IE 8, Firefox 2+, Opera 9+, Safari 4, Konqueror 4)
    all share the same browser defaults. Body has no padding in modern
    browsers except in Opera 6. All browsers use a margin of 8px
    (equivalent to 0.5em) and that's best, ideal IMO.

    8-
    label {
    display: block;
    width: 7em;
    text-align: right;
    float: left;
    margin: .25em 1em 0 0;
    }

    I wonder why you need to set display: block if the label is going to
    be floated left. Also, that rule seems a bit complex...

    [followup-to set to alt.html]

    regards, Gérard
    --
    Internet Explorer 8 bugs: 57 bugs so far
    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/

    GTalbot, Oct 4, 2009
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> writing in news:ha97lo$ck7$-
    september.org:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Chris F.A. Johnson"

    >>> Looks good, but it's missing a background colour.

    >> Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour.
    >> That's been fixed.

    > That's what I meant. :) My default background is a light purple ..

    for
    > situations just like this.
    >
    >> [and] If you are using a browser that understands @font-face, you

    should
    >> have seen the hobo bt font, if not, you should have seen another
    >> san-serif font.

    > Firefox 3.0.14, Opera 9.64, Ubuntu 8.04, GNOME. No hoboes.

    How odd! The Hobo BT font is used for the mustang PTA lettering, just
    so you know.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009
  11. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed GTalbot <>
    writing in news:f2efbde6-b682-48c9-8560-
    :

    > [followup-to set to alt.html]
    >
    > On 3 oct, 21:08, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,

    and
    >> need some feedback from the community.  The url is
    >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>
    >> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome.  When

    respondi
    > ng,
    >> especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    > Hi!
    >
    > 1-
    > I would remove this:
    ><link rel="home" href="index.php" title="Index Page" />
    > J. Nielsen and others (V. Flanders) recommend to avoid self-linking
    > webpages.

    I think it's all right for a browser navigation bar (for those browsers
    that have one, that is. For browsers that do have a navigation bar, on
    the page/link is grayed out (well, at least it is in Opera).

    > 2- I am personally against double color contrast sets. I think it
    > should always be dark color (say, black) on light background color
    > (say white) all over since we have been day animals for the last
    > 200,000 years. Color contrast, color brightness is very important but
    > having 2 sets of color contrasts in a webpage is, IMO, unnatural,
    > visually confusing and visually incoherent.

    It's the school colors.

    > 3- PTA: by chance, I glanced at the title element and there I saw what
    > PTA actually means... for the first time. I wonder why the most
    > important text (PTA) is not defined in its extended form in the
    > entrance webpage: Parent Teacher Association.

    I think most people just know it as PTA, and are not acronym junkies
    like I am. I am also using it for search engines. I will probably use
    the long form in other pages as they come on line.

    > 4- When I resize browser window viewport (at around 850px) in Firefox
    > 3.5.3 under Windows, then the sidebar goes under. I'm not saying here
    > that this is a bug or anything. I just noticed this.

    Yup, that's a bug. dorayme has made some suggestions I am going to try
    out tomorrow to see if I can fix that.

    > 5-
    ><link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
    >
    > Personally, I am more and more following the W3C recommendation on
    > favicon and trying to have Microsoft comply with it (and to drop
    > rel="shortcut icon"). See
    >
    > http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/#bug2
    >
    > and
    >
    > W3C Quality Assurance tip, How to Add a Favicon to your Site
    > http://www.w3.org/2005/10/howto-favicon

    Rats! I have to make another icon? Oh well, get with the time, then.

    > 6- Your validation buttons are perfect IMO.

    Thank you. I think they're nice, not too big, don't shout out at you.

    > 7-
    > body {
    > margin: 0;
    > padding: 0;
    > }
    >
    > Personally, I am against resetting CSS default values, especially when
    > modern browsers (IE 8, Firefox 2+, Opera 9+, Safari 4, Konqueror 4)
    > all share the same browser defaults. Body has no padding in modern
    > browsers except in Opera 6. All browsers use a margin of 8px
    > (equivalent to 0.5em) and that's best, ideal IMO.

    For some reason, my system always adds padding and margin. It doesn't
    hurt, so I add it for people like me.

    > 8-
    > label {
    > display: block;
    > width: 7em;
    > text-align: right;
    > float: left;
    > margin: .25em 1em 0 0;
    > }
    >
    > I wonder why you need to set display: block if the label is going to
    > be floated left. Also, that rule seems a bit complex...

    I don't remember now why it's like that, but I vaguely remember
    something about it being screwy without the block. Maybe I'll play with
    it a little.

    Thanks for all the comments, Gérard, I really appreciate it.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 4, 2009
  12. Adrienne Boswell

    William Gill Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > If you are using a browser that understands @font-face, you should have
    > seen the hobo bt font, if not, you should have seen another san-serif
    > font.

    FYI

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/changes.html#q104

    --
    Bill

    William Gill, Oct 5, 2009
  13. Adrienne Boswell

    William Gill Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour. That's been
    > fixed.

    Now you should specify a default (foreground) color, even if it is black
    (like the default setting on most browsers).

    Like Beauregard, I have my defaults set to obnoxious colors so I can
    catch myself if I miss specifying a color/background combination.

    --
    Bill

    William Gill, Oct 5, 2009
  14. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed William Gill
    <> writing in

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour.
    >> That's been fixed.

    > Now you should specify a default (foreground) color, even if it is
    > black (like the default setting on most browsers).
    >
    > Like Beauregard, I have my defaults set to obnoxious colors so I can
    > catch myself if I miss specifying a color/background combination.

    Thank you for pointing that out. Fixed.

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 5, 2009
  15. On Oct 4, 3:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school, and
    > need some feedback from the community.  The url is
    > [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >
    > All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome.  When responding,
    > especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    Looks little bit lonely - or empty. Yes - it's very nice indeed.
    The pics of the kids - nice. The text fine - CSS is very good of
    course.
    But I did not watched to source.
    Sometimes I get this feeling with CSS: It is somehow cold and
    gives you the position to stand above the content.
    This is not a special critique for your page! I just added it.

    I miss something special on the page. It is not necessarily
    a big flash banner or a holistic background image.
    I don't miss javascript and I don't miss games with other effects.

    My first idea was when I saw the page -
    The latin text could be pasted on a stone.
    I don't know latin. Alea jacta est - Quo vadis - quod erum
    demonstrandum - hehehe - that's it.

    So I just know it is latin - right?
    It can be also something else than a stone.
    Anyway I remembered that the old latin texts where written
    justified. Not only justified but at the end of a line they
    cut the word at the last letter that fitted to the end
    and simply continued in the next line.

    Maybe a good idea for a 'funny' or 'intellectual' layout.

    Cheers
    Jan

    Jan C. Faerber, Oct 5, 2009
  16. Adrienne Boswell

    GTalbot Guest

    On 4 oct, 01:49, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed GTalbot <>
    > writing in news:f2efbde6-b682-48c9-8560-
    > :

    > >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].

    > > 5-
    > ><link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

    > > Personally, I am more and more following the W3C recommendation on
    > > favicon and trying to have Microsoft comply with it (and to drop
    > > rel="shortcut icon"). See

    > >http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/#bug2

    > > and

    > > W3C Quality Assurance tip, How to Add a Favicon to your Site
    > >http://www.w3.org/2005/10/howto-favicon

    > Rats! I have to make another icon?

    No. Not necessarly.

    I'm saying is that rel="shortcut icon" is not *perfectly* conformant
    with
    the HTML 4 spec but this rel="shortcut icon" is what IE (all
    versions)
    only understand.

    {
    "MSIE looks only for 'shortcut icon'. Technically, a link attribute
    with multiple words is saying that the link is of multiple types, with
    each word being a different type identifier, but I think the Microsoft
    programmers were just clueless enough to think that spaces could be
    used within type names, and that 'shortcut icon' is what they think
    the type is."
    'Shortcut icon' instead of 'icon', now that was definitely a simple
    oversight., from Eric Lawrence, IE program manager
    }

    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/#bug2

    I'm also saying that defining a favicon (webpage icon) should allow
    a PNG file type but again, IE will not support anything besides an
    ..ico file type. IMO, that's a bug. It should allow .gif file format as
    well.

    {
    Jeff Davis, IE project manager in his why doesn't the favicon for my
    site appear in IE7? states "It must actually be a .ico (an Icon) file.
    Bitmaps, pngs, gifs, etc, will not work.".
    How to Add a Shortcut Icon to a Web Page at MSDN states "To create
    the icon, use an icon editor, such as the one included in Microsoft
    Visual Studio, and save the icon in the .ico file format. Internet
    Explorer will ignore icons that are not in .ico format, and will
    instead display the default Internet Explorer shortcut icon.".
    }
    http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE8Bugs/#bug40

    > > 8-
    > > label {
    > > display: block;
    > > width: 7em;
    > > text-align: right;
    > > float: left;
    > > margin: .25em 1em 0 0;
    > > }

    > > I wonder why you need to set display: block if the label is going to
    > > be floated left. Also, that rule seems a bit complex...

    > I don't remember now why it's like that, but I vaguely remember
    > something about it being screwy without the block.

    Chances are it's all because of numerous IE 6 or IE 7 bugs, flaws
    with
    float model.

    regards, Gérard

    GTalbot, Oct 5, 2009
  17. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Jan C. Faerber"
    <> writing in news:f579eb7e-556d-4ecb-925e-
    :

    > On Oct 4, 3:08 am, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >> I volunteerd to do the PTA web site for my son's elementary school,

    and
    >> need some feedback from the community.  The url is
    >> [http://jmpta.adrienneboswell.com].
    >>
    >> All suggestions, comments, bug reports are most welcome.  When

    respondi
    > ng,
    >> especially with a bug, please indicate browser and operating system.

    > Looks little bit lonely - or empty. Yes - it's very nice indeed.

    It will get more filled up when I get more content.

    > The pics of the kids - nice.

    I'm hoping to replace them with real John Muir kids. Even though it's a
    public school, we still have uniforms. The acceptable attire is red,
    blue or white shirts with dark blue pants/skirts. Makes it easier on
    the parents, and easier on the kids as well. I think that real JM
    uniform colors will look nice with the site colors.

    > The text fine - CSS is very good of
    > course.
    > But I did not watched to source.
    > Sometimes I get this feeling with CSS: It is somehow cold and
    > gives you the position to stand above the content.
    > This is not a special critique for your page! I just added it.

    Yes, well that's the whole point, isnt' it, separate content from
    presentation - stand above it if you will. I love that about CSS, just
    as much as I love server side includes.

    > I miss something special on the page. It is not necessarily
    > a big flash banner or a holistic background image.
    > I don't miss javascript and I don't miss games with other effects.

    You know, I was thinking about that, too. Maybe if I get enough good JM
    kids pictures, I can turn them into a flash animation (just run once,
    and only on the index page).

    You won't ever see any gratuitous JavaScript on things I author. I'm
    really into the KISS principle.

    > My first idea was when I saw the page -
    > The latin text could be pasted on a stone.
    > I don't know latin. Alea jacta est - Quo vadis - quod erum
    > demonstrandum - hehehe - that's it.
    >
    > So I just know it is latin - right?

    Actually it's fake Latin [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum]. I
    just got an email from one of the PTA board members about that.

    > It can be also something else than a stone.
    > Anyway I remembered that the old latin texts where written
    > justified. Not only justified but at the end of a line they
    > cut the word at the last letter that fitted to the end
    > and simply continued in the next line.
    >
    > Maybe a good idea for a 'funny' or 'intellectual' layout.

    Yes, it would, although I really can't stand justified text. I remember
    when I was really young, and the TV Guide was much smaller, one of the
    things that really bothered me was the justified text - although at the
    time I was too young to know what it was called, I just didn't like it.

    > Cheers
    > Jan

    Thanks for the comments. Appreciate it!

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 5, 2009
  18. Adrienne Boswell

    dorayme Guest

    In article <J_oym.224983$>,
    William Gill <> wrote:

    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > > Thank you, and thank you for mentioning the background colour. That's been
    > > fixed.

    > Now you should specify a default (foreground) color, even if it is black
    > (like the default setting on most browsers).
    >
    > Like Beauregard, I have my defaults set to obnoxious colors so I can
    > catch myself if I miss specifying a color/background combination.

    And have a miserable time of it browsing the internet! I have known for
    a long time that I am among masochists, heathens, geeks of all kinds but
    this one takes the cake!

    The better thing to do is to have a browser that you do *not* use in
    anger for yourself on a daily basis to test for this. And then you can
    say with pride that there are no flies on you! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 5, 2009
  19. Adrienne Boswell

    William Gill Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article <J_oym.224983$>,
    > William Gill <> wrote:

    >> Like Beauregard, I have my defaults set to obnoxious colors so I can
    >> catch myself if I miss specifying a color/background combination.

    > And have a miserable time of it browsing the internet! I have known for
    > a long time that I am among masochists, heathens, geeks of all kinds but
    > this one takes the cake!
    >
    > The better thing to do is to have a browser that you do *not* use in
    > anger for yourself on a daily basis to test for this. And then you can
    > say with pride that there are no flies on you! <g>

    And which browser would you use to critique a site? <g>

    --
    Bill

    William Gill, Oct 5, 2009
  20. Adrienne Boswell

    dorayme Guest

    In article <ACtym.57915$>,
    William Gill <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article <J_oym.224983$>,
    > > William Gill <> wrote:

    > >> Like Beauregard, I have my defaults set to obnoxious colors so I can
    > >> catch myself if I miss specifying a color/background combination.

    > > And have a miserable time of it browsing the internet! I have known for
    > > a long time that I am among masochists, heathens, geeks of all kinds but
    > > this one takes the cake!
    > >
    > > The better thing to do is to have a browser that you do *not* use in
    > > anger for yourself on a daily basis to test for this. And then you can
    > > say with pride that there are no flies on you! <g>

    > And which browser would you use to critique a site? <g>

    Ouch! <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 5, 2009