Critique my layout

The Eclectic Electric

liamo said:
old/exiting website: http://www.adana.co.nz/

my layout ( its just a picture ) so would like opinions on the 'feel'
- thanks guys : )
http://www.ebesign.co.nz/projects/adana/index.html

Looks great. Made me very hungry!

Not sure it's necessary to have it so compact though. I would space it out
a bit more heightwise, particularly those pictures in the nav menu - 800x600
users don't mind scrolling vertically. And I think the grey background is a
bit yuk - I'm using 1280x1024 and it's taking up half my screen. Maybe
white?

But the general design looks great.

+e

liamo

Looks great. Made me very hungry!

Not sure it's necessary to have it so compact though. I would space it out
a bit more heightwise, particularly those pictures in the nav menu - 800x600
users don't mind scrolling vertically. And I think the grey background is a
bit yuk - I'm using 1280x1024 and it's taking up half my screen. Maybe
white?

But the general design looks great.

+e

cool thanks for feedback i will remove grey bg to white and make the
height larger..
i am trying to keep it all 800 x 600 no scroll for maximum
compatability..