    much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
    page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.

    http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

    John D., May 21, 2004

  2. John D.

    Hywel Guest

    In article <Ydgrc.25152$>, John D.
    says...
    > Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
    > much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
    > page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
    >
    > http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

    It doesn't appear to have been designed, more thrown together. You may
    as well use a Front Page theme or download a template to improve it
    greatly.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, May 21, 2004

  3. John D. wrote:
    > Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
    > much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
    > page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
    >
    > http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

    The page is too width. The font size is too big.
    Use a form mail with serverside process, because there are a lot of
    people how haven't a borwser with a proper integrated messenger.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart

    Edwin van der Vaart, May 21, 2004
  4. John D.

    jake Guest

    In message <Ydgrc.25152$>, John D.
    <> writes
    >Although I am very happy with the content of this page, my HTML skills leave
    >much to be desired. I am open to some suggestions in the design of this
    >page as well as where would be the best place to include a navigation bar.
    >
    >http://topdomainnetwork.com/perspective.html

    Just a couple of initial thoughts:

    (a) The contrast between the smallest and the largest text is too great;
    make the biggest text smaller -- and the smallest text bigger ;-)

    (b) Read up on correct mark-up for data tables -- remember that not all
    your visitors can see your page; some people have to listen to it -- so
    correct mark-up is essential.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/tables.html

    (c) Make the 'Misc. Comparisons' table a little bit wider, or make it
    look like the receding table -- or part of the preceding table

    (d) Read up on CSS / stylesheets so that you can reduce the number of
    <tags> on the page.

    regards.

    --
    Jake

    jake, May 21, 2004
  5. Hywel <> wrote:

    > It doesn't appear to have been designed, more thrown together. You may
    > as well use a Front Page theme or download a template to improve it
    > greatly.

    I agree - FP would be an improvement.

    The Doormouse

    The Doormouse, May 21, 2004