    Thanks for your time,
    Mike Pratz
    http://www.chowardcompany.com
    Arthur Pratz, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Arthur Pratz wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have been working on this site for a while now.
    > I am posting on this newsgroup for honest reviews please.
    > I will be working on the store link with accepting credit cards
    > online. So any tips for making an online checkout would be helpful. I
    > will be using Miva Merchant to do that.

    Why do I have to scroll down with my 1024x768 resolution before I see some
    clickable links?

    JW
    Janwillem Borleffs, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Janwillem Borleffs wrote:

    > Why do I have to scroll down with my 1024x768 resolution before I see
    > some clickable links?

    I probably don't have to scroll when the `thank you for visiting....under
    construction` message disappears.

    The site has too many Under Construction messages to validate and I don't
    see any relationship with JavaScript.

    When the site is ready, post a new validation request to an authoring/design
    related newsgroup (comp.lang.javascript is not one of them).

    JW
    Janwillem Borleffs, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Arthur Pratz

    Arthur Pratz Guest

    "Janwillem Borleffs" <> wrote in message
    > Janwillem Borleffs wrote:
    > >
    > > Why do I have to scroll down with my 1024x768 resolution before I see
    > > some clickable links?
    > >

    > I probably don't have to scroll when the `thank you for visiting....under
    > construction` message disappears.
    >
    > The site has too many Under Construction messages to validate and I don't
    > see any relationship with JavaScript.
    >
    > When the site is ready, post a new validation request to an

    authoring/design
    > related newsgroup (comp.lang.javascript is not one of them).
    >

    > JW

    Well, I have posted pages in the past and im sorry if I made anyone mad.
    I used to have js all over the place until I noticed It wasn't the most
    browser friendly way.
    When I would send the site to family and friends to view, thy either
    couldn't see it or saw it differently.
    Those of you who responded to me about the site, I appreciate your comments.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Arthur Pratz, Dec 28, 2003
  5. Arthur Pratz

    rf Guest

    It's still much the same as when you submitted it over at alt.html.critique
    a few days ago. I see you have made none of the changes recommended over
    there, particularly the disappear-on-hover menus.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Dec 28, 2003
  6. Well I looked at it. I liked the colors and it definitely wasn't busy. It seemed nice to me. Good color scheme and the products looked neat. One suggestion though. Put your links to important stuff at the top. For those who know what they want the bottom is fine but for those stumbling by top is better.

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________

    George Hester, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Arthur Pratz

    Fabian Guest

    Arthur Pratz hu kiteb:

    > Hi all,
    > I have been working on this site for a while now.
    > I am posting on this newsgroup for honest reviews please.
    > I will be working on the store link with accepting credit cards
    > online. So any tips for making an online checkout would be helpful. I
    > will be using Miva Merchant to do that.
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Mike Pratz
    > http://www.chowardcompany.com

    You are using spaces to format the nutritional information pages. This
    would be far better done as a table.

    Also, wouldn't the grammatical phrase be either "fine mint and gum" or
    "fine mints and gums"?

    --
    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    Fabian, Dec 28, 2003
  8. Arthur Pratz

    Arthur Pratz Guest

    "Fabian" <> wrote in message
    > Arthur Pratz hu kiteb:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have been working on this site for a while now.
    > > I am posting on this newsgroup for honest reviews please.
    > > I will be working on the store link with accepting credit cards
    > > online. So any tips for making an online checkout would be helpful. I
    > > will be using Miva Merchant to do that.
    > > Thanks for your time,
    > > Mike Pratz
    > > http://www.chowardcompany.com

    > You are using spaces to format the nutritional information pages. This
    > would be far better done as a table.
    >
    > Also, wouldn't the grammatical phrase be either "fine mint and gum" or
    > "fine mints and gums"?
    >
    > --
    > Fabian
    > Visit my website often and for long periods!
    > http://www.lajzar.co.uk

    The phrase Fine Mints and Gum is right.
    If you go to the home page, theres four different flavors in mint, and one
    gum.
    Thats why the phrase is the way it is.
    Thanks for your concern,
    Arthur Pratz, Dec 28, 2003
  9. Arthur Pratz

    Fabian Guest

    Arthur Pratz hu kiteb:

    > The phrase Fine Mints and Gum is right.
    > If you go to the home page, theres four different flavors in mint,
    > and one gum.

    The way it is written suggests to me that you have only a single gum in
    all the world. Of course, what do I know. I'm only an English teacher,
    so this isn't really my field of expertise.

    Fabian, Dec 28, 2003
  10. Arthur Pratz

    Brett Wilkes Guest

    > Hi all,
    > I have been working on this site for a while now.
    > I am posting on this newsgroup for honest reviews please.
    > I will be working on the store link with accepting credit cards online. So
    > any tips for making an online checkout would be helpful. I will be using
    > Miva Merchant to do that.
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Mike Pratz
    > http://www.chowardcompany.com

    One thing no one has seemed to touch on is the "credit card" part of the
    request in your post...
    I can assist in one direction--here is a simple function that will validate
    a credit card number using the Visa/Mastercard verification formula
    (written several years ago when working for a credit card company):

    function Verify_Account_Number(ysacctnum) {
    var temp_string="";
    var temp_num=0;
    var wloop=0;
    var wtemparray=new Array();
    var wremainder = 0;
    var leftdigit = 0;
    var rightdigit = 0;
    var stempacct = "";
    var wlength = 0;
    var stemp ="";

    stempacct=ysacctnum.toString();
    if (stempacct.length != 16) return false;
    for (wloop = 0; wloop < stempacct.length-1; wloop++) {
    temp_string = stempacct.substr(wloop,1);
    temp_num=temp_string.valueOf();
    wremainder = wloop % 2;
    if (wremainder == 0){
    //odd
    wtemparray[wloop] = temp_num * 2;
    if (wtemparray[wloop] >= 10) {
    temp_string = wtemparray[wloop].toString();
    leftdigit = temp_string.substr(0,1);
    rightdigit = temp_string.substr(1,1);
    wtemparray[wloop] = (1*leftdigit.valueOf()) +
    (1*rightdigit.valueOf());
    else {
    //EVEN
    wtemparray[wloop] = (temp_num*1);
    temp_num = 0;
    for(wloop=0;wloop<stempacct.length-1;wloop++) {
    temp_num = wtemparray[wloop].valueOf() + temp_num.valueOf();
    }
    temp_string = temp_num.toString();
    switch (temp_string.substr(0,1)) {
    case '1':
    temp_num = 20 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '2':
    temp_num = 30 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '3':
    temp_num = 40 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '4':
    temp_num = 50 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '5':
    temp_num = 60 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '6':
    temp_num = 70 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '7':
    temp_num = 80 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '8':
    temp_num = 90 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    case '9':
    temp_num = 100 - temp_num.valueOf();
    break;
    }
    if (temp_num == 10) temp_num = 0;
    temp_string = ysacctnum.toString();
    wlength = temp_string.length;
    temp_string = temp_num.toString();
    if (temp_string == ysacctnum.substr(wlength-1,1)) {
    return true;
    }
    else {
    return false;

    This function will only validate Visa and Mastercard account numbers, so if
    your site accepts other types of credit cards, you will have to contact
    their issuers to determine the validation routine.
    Brett Wilkes, Jan 2, 2004