critique template for site

murmur

http://www.threetwo.org/sullivan/mockup/

seems to work in mozilla 1.4, netscape 7.1, ie 6. Screenshots from other
systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.

Suggestions for better ways to achieve the same results (scrollable
textbox and such) would be much appreciated.

Woolly Mittens

murmur said:
http://www.threetwo.org/sullivan/mockup/

seems to work in mozilla 1.4, netscape 7.1, ie 6. Screenshots from other
systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.

Consider putting the images below the text in your source.
- it'll be more accessible when stylesheets are disabled
- it'll be more readily indexed by search-engines
- use an invisible "skip to content" link above the navigation, or
textreaders will go ape rehearing/rereading the navigation after every
click.

rf

murmur said:
http://www.threetwo.org/sullivan/mockup/

seems to work in mozilla 1.4, netscape 7.1, ie 6. Screenshots from other
systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.

Suggestions for better ways to achieve the same results (scrollable
textbox and such) would be much appreciated.

I would tend to ditch the achieved result.

Using a ruler I determine that my current canvas area is 25cm by 17cm or 425
cm squared. (the browser is only about half the screen area).

Your "site" uses... 16 by 9.5 of that area, 1520 cm squared.

The area you have devoted to your content is 8 by 7 - 56 cm squared.

You are using just over thirteen percent of my available canvas area to
display your content. I just hope that content does not grow to more than a
couple of paragraphs :)

Cheers
Richard.