    systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.

    Suggestions for better ways to achieve the same results (scrollable
    textbox and such) would be much appreciated.

    murmur, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Toby A Inkster, Oct 23, 2003

  3. murmur

    murmur Guest

    murmur, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Toby A Inkster, Oct 24, 2003
  5. "murmur" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > http://www.threetwo.org/sullivan/mockup/
    >
    > seems to work in mozilla 1.4, netscape 7.1, ie 6. Screenshots from other
    > systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.

    Consider putting the images below the text in your source.
    - it'll be more accessible when stylesheets are disabled
    - it'll be more readily indexed by search-engines
    - use an invisible "skip to content" link above the navigation, or
    textreaders will go ape rehearing/rereading the navigation after every
    click.

    Woolly Mittens, Oct 24, 2003
  6. murmur

    rf Guest

    "murmur" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.threetwo.org/sullivan/mockup/
    >
    > seems to work in mozilla 1.4, netscape 7.1, ie 6. Screenshots from other
    > systems/browsers would be great, particularly mac and aol.
    >
    > Suggestions for better ways to achieve the same results (scrollable
    > textbox and such) would be much appreciated.

    I would tend to ditch the achieved result.

    Using a ruler I determine that my current canvas area is 25cm by 17cm or 425
    cm squared. (the browser is only about half the screen area).

    Your "site" uses... 16 by 9.5 of that area, 1520 cm squared.

    The area you have devoted to your content is 8 by 7 - 56 cm squared.

    You are using just over thirteen percent of my available canvas area to
    display your content. I just hope that content does not grow to more than a
    couple of paragraphs :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 24, 2003