CRM & ASP.NET

Guest

I'm developing an add-on module for CRM. I was not the person who installed
CRM on our server, but I believe it goes along with the problem I'm having. I
think it's more of an ASP.NET question then a CRM question.
Server OS: Windows 2003
CRM 1.2
..NET Framework 1.1

The person who installed CRM set it up under it's own Web Application in
win2003. (c:\inetpub\crm). Also setup an HTTP header of CRM to go straight to
that site. (From within the LAN http://crm brings up that crm site)

I developed a simple ASP.NET web app called doCRM. The web form using all
web controls had a dropdownlist and a few text box. The dropdownlist did a
server postback to set the Text properties of the textboxes. (I know not the
best way to do it).

It was hosted in the CRM Web Site as a starting point
(c:\inetpub\crm\docrm). I made doCrm it's own Application using the
defaultApp Pool. The problem is that the postback was not working correctly.
On the postback the dropdownlist goes blank and the textboxes Text properties
were not set. (I only databind the dropdownlist in the if (!Page.IsPostBack)
section of the page_load.

However if I copied the doCrm folder over to the wwwroot folder. Renamed it
to doCrm1, also having it as it's own application under defaultApp Pool, and
changed the CRM link to go to http://ip/docrm1/newjob.aspx instead of
http://crm/docrm/newjob.aspx the postback works correctly, the dropdownlist
retains it's state and the textboxes get their values.

I'm a little new to asp & asp.net development (I'm a windows VFP developer).
This really threw me for a loop for quite a while not understanding why my
postback was not working, until I tried moving it over to the default site in
wwwroot. Anybody have any ideas what would cause this behavior?

Jason Triplat