crontab

asg

Hello,
I have a crontab routine that is supposed to create a tar of a
directory. But it's only creating a tar of the information in the
crontab file. The code is below. Any help in making it tar the
directory would be appreciated.
58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
/usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users
Thanks in advance

Anno Siegel

asg said:
Hello,
I have a crontab routine that is supposed to create a tar of a
directory. But it's only creating a tar of the information in the
crontab file. The code is below. Any help in making it tar the
directory would be appreciated.
58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
/usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users

No Perl content, you are in the wrong newsgroup.

s/cfp/cpf/

Anno

Tad McClellan

asg said:
I have a crontab routine
58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
/usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users

Why are you posting to the Perl newsgroup?

Did you perhaps have a question relating to Perl?

Josef Moellers

Tad said:
Why are you posting to the Perl newsgroup?

Did you perhaps have a question relating to Perl?

Perhaps one of the files he's trying to archive is a perl script?

SCNR,

Josef