    58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
    /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users
    Thanks in advance

    asg, Jan 6, 2006

  2. asg

    Anno Siegel Guest

    asg <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hello,
    > I have a crontab routine that is supposed to create a tar of a
    > directory. But it's only creating a tar of the information in the
    > crontab file. The code is below. Any help in making it tar the
    > directory would be appreciated.
    > 58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
    > /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users

    No Perl content, you are in the wrong newsgroup.

    s/cfp/cpf/

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jan 7, 2006

  3. asg <> wrote:

    > I have a crontab routine

    > 58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
    > /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users

    Why are you posting to the Perl newsgroup?

    Did you perhaps have a question relating to Perl?

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Tad McClellan wrote:
    > asg <> wrote:
    >

    >>I have a crontab routine

    >>58 2 * * * tar -cfp /usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users.tar
    >>/usr/local/www/vhosts/fred/htdocs/users

    > Why are you posting to the Perl newsgroup?
    >
    > Did you perhaps have a question relating to Perl?

    Perhaps one of the files he's trying to archive is a perl script?

    SCNR,

    Josef
    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)