    The application I am trying to integrate (to get the features I want) relies on either basic or NTLM authentication. The sites use SSL, so basic authentication is fine. Both applications live on the same server.

    I want to automatically authenticate the user in the second app. Any ideas? I have a few, but I don't know how to implement them.

    One idea is to find a way to forward/redirect the basic authentication information to the secondary application. This would be easier (and less secure) if IE6 still supported the "http://user:pwd@server/" syntax... I could construct the authorization request-header myself on the server, but how would I convince browsers to send it? It should work with recent IE and NS browsers.

    Oran, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Oran

    Oran Guest

    I think I have my solution...

    SoftArtisans makes a FileManager component with a .LogonUser method that lets me dynamically turn impersonation on and off as long as I have the username/pwd.... And I have it working. So IIS authentication can be configured as anonymous and I can still have scripts run as the user who is authenticated by the extranet.

    Oran, Jul 2, 2004