Cross-browser compatibility of Asp.net v.1.1 & 2.0

Guest

Hi Everyone,

I got question from Customer. What kind of browser and version which can
browse properly if application running on ASP.net v.1.1 or 2.0 beside IE.5x
above? Firefox, Nescape, Mozilla, Opera?

Any info which can help, thank you very much.

Have a nice day,
Martin Adhie

Juan T. Llibre

All of them, as long as your Browser definitions are properly updated.

For 2.0, there's a new .browser file definition system, although browsercaps can still be used.
1.1 can only use browsercaps.

See http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/
and http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/browserCaps_spaces.txt

Test with :
http://slingfive.com/pages/code/browserCaps/requestBrowser_info.aspx.txt
( copy that whole page as "Browser_info.aspx" and run it. )

You can call that page with the browser you're interested in defining in browsercaps,
and create an entry for it with the capabilities reported by that file.

For the new .browser file definition system, open several .browser files in the directory:
Drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Browsers

with a plain-text editor ( Notepad will do ) and analyze the contents.

As long as you know which browser capabilities the browser you're interested in sending correct
html to has ( by running "Browser_info.aspx" ) , you'll be able to create a .browser file for it.