Cross Browser compatibility question

Matt-The-Hoople

In Blinky the Shark <[email protected]> walked into the bar with a grape in
each nostril and said to the bartender:
::: on occasions IE will display pages differently when they're local.
::: usually involves margins and padding.
::
:: Any theories on why that would happen?

IE yanks wankee?

-- Matt

tom

brucie said:
In alt.html tom said:

on occasions IE will display pages differently when they're local.
usually involves margins and padding.

Thanks I will look in to that.

Tom

tom

Mark Parnell said:
Looks fine here. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Yes, and now it only happens occasionally. but I haven't had it mess up even
once from the web. So, I think I will keep my ears open for suggestions but
not stress up about it.

Tom

Blinky the Shark

Matt-The-Hoople said:
In Blinky the Shark <[email protected]> walked into the bar with a grape in
each nostril and said to the bartender:
::: on occasions IE will display pages differently when they're local.
::: usually involves margins and padding.
::
:: Any theories on why that would happen?
IE yanks wankee?

I meant other than the obvious, but in lieu of any better answers, I'm
willing to go with that. :)

rf

tom wrote
How about before and after?

No really, Rum & Coke is my drink of choice. With a twist of lime of
course.

Hmmm. Sounds like you are an American. What you are actually drinking is
bacardi&coke with a twist, a totally different thing. I am forced to drink
these things every time I go to America as the bars do not seem to stock
bundy rum (a nice full red rum from up near where brucie lives).

Anyway...

You can drink as much rum&coke as you like after using usenet.

Before using usenet you can drink as much rum&coke as you think you can and
still maintain finger contact with the keyboard.

It is the actual during bit we have problems with.

Some bastard will come along here someday and say something <shudder> funny
</shudder>. Ensues various gurgles, snorts and gasps as usenaut attempts to
laugh whilst also attempting to ingest the last mouthfull of rum&coke.

Inevitably this results in rum&coke all over the
screen/keyboard/mouse/surrounding surfaces. It's very hard to get rum&coke
out of a keyboard. I know. I had to hose out mine last time I was drinking
rum&coke and Mark said something funny.

Lemming

tom wrote
[...]

Point of order: shouldn't it be rum&amp;coke?

Lemming

rf

Neal said:
What's the ruling on martinis? I've had... several...

If you can afford to drink too many martinis then you wouldn't need to by
typing in to usenet, you would cause somebody else to do it for you.