Cross-Browser Element Bottom Position

vunet.us

I have no perfect cross-browser solution to position html element on
the bottom of the page.
I know that with Firefox I do it as:
position:fixed; bottom:0px;
However, IE does not understand that. Did anyone come across this
issue to share with me?
Thanks you

-Lost

I have no perfect cross-browser solution to position html element on
the bottom of the page.
I know that with Firefox I do it as:
position:fixed; bottom:0px;
However, IE does not understand that. Did anyone come across this
issue to share with me?

Yeah, Internet Explorer does not support that particular CSS declaration.

I imagine you could position the element taking into consideration its
height (and width if necessary), and the canvas height.

If the canvas is 600px tall, and your element is 100px tall, then
placement at 500px down (top: 500px;) would place it at the bottom.

http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_9

vunet.us

Yeah, Internet Explorer does not support that particular CSS declaration.

I imagine you could position the element taking into consideration its
height (and width if necessary), and the canvas height.

If the canvas is 600px tall, and your element is 100px tall, then
placement at 500px down (top: 500px;) would place it at the bottom.

http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_9

yes, that could be a way to handle.
a great way to handle top positioning in IE is to use this in CSS:
top:expression(this.offsetParent.scrollTop)
position:absolute;
i wish i could have something easy as that for bottom positioning

scripts.contact

yes, that could be a way to handle.
a great way to handle top positioning in IE is to use this in CSS:
top:expression(this.offsetParent.scrollTop)
position:absolute;
i wish i could have something easy as that for bottom positioning

position:absolite;
top:expression(document.body.offsetHeight-this.offsetHeight)

vunet.us

position:absolite;
top:expression(document.body.offsetHeight-this.offsetHeight)

does not work in my IE7.

but here is what I found for mozilla-based browsers:
body > div#myDiv{
/* used by Opera 5+, Netscape6+/Mozilla, Konqueror, Safari, OmniWeb
4.5+, iCab, ICEbrowser */
position: fixed;

vunet.us

does not work in my IE7.

but here is what I found for mozilla-based browsers:
body > div#myDiv{
/* used by Opera 5+, Netscape6+/Mozilla, Konqueror, Safari, OmniWeb
4.5+, iCab, ICEbrowser */
position: fixed;

}

#fixme {
/* Netscape 4, IE 4.x-5.0/Win and other lesser browsers will use
this */
position: absolute; right: 20px; bottom: 10px;
}
body > div#fixme {
/* used by Opera 5+, Netscape6+/Mozilla, Konqueror, Safari, OmniWeb
4.5+, iCab, ICEbrowser */
position: fixed;
}
<!--[if gte IE 5.5]>
<![if lt IE 7]>
div#fixme {
/* IE5.5+/Win - this is more specific than the IE 5.0 version */
right: auto; bottom: auto;
left: expression( ( -20 - fixme.offsetWidth +
( document.documentElement.clientWidth ?
document.documentElement.clientWidth : document.body.clientWidth ) +
( ignoreMe2 = document.documentElement.scrollLeft ?
document.documentElement.scrollLeft : document.body.scrollLeft ) ) +
'px' );
top: expression( ( -10 - fixme.offsetHeight +
( document.documentElement.clientHeight ?
document.documentElement.clientHeight : document.body.clientHeight ) +
( ignoreMe = document.documentElement.scrollTop ?
document.documentElement.scrollTop : document.body.scrollTop ) ) +
'px' );
}
<![endif]>
<![endif]-->