Cross compiling 2.5.1

winkatl1213

I was wondering if anyone could help me with cross-compiling Python
2.5.1 to a MIPS target.

The approach I'm using is based off the suggestion in the README file
that comes with the python source distribution.

I managed to get the configure script to run using the following
command line:

$ ../Python-2.5.1/configure --host=mips-linux --enable-shared

Next I run make and it builds the python interpreter and shared
library. However, it then attempts to run the interpreter to complete
the rest of the build process, and that of coarse fails.

I read several posts on the internet from people who applied patches
to the python source to enable cross-compling, but my impression was
that 2.5.1 had merged some of this work.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how I get the makery to use the
build interpreter instead of the host interpreter to complete the
build process?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jeff