cross domain single sign-on with JAAS

Stian Lavik

We are working on integrating a java (JSP) based webapp and a PHP based
webapp. One of the things we want to do, is to facilitate a single
sign-on between the two. We plan on doing it by letting the PHP webapp
keep track of usernames and passwords for the java webapp. By clicking
on a URL in the PHP webapp, the user shall then be taken to the java
webapp, automatically authenticated and be logged in.

The problem is that it seems JAAS will not accept this kind of remote
login requests, even if the username and the password is present in the
request. Have crawled the web to find some solution to this cross domain
single sign-on with JAAS, but without any luck. Anyone here with ideas?

Cheers,
Stian

Danno

So can use a servlet thats using JAAS to authenticate and authorize the
login and from there store a cookie stating that this person is valid.
The PHP side can check to see if that cookie is there and call the java
servlet as neccessary? I wouldn't recommend using j_security_check
since you need information outside of the container for your PHP, you
would have to make your own servlet.