cross frame scripting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by WT, May 4, 2006.

  1. WT

    WT Guest

    Hello,

    I have an asp.net 1.1 application that runs an asp.net 2.0 page in an
    iframe.
    I need to save the contained app before saving the main one when the save
    button is clicked.
    For this I uses a jscript on the main page that calls a jscript method on
    the contained one.
    As my applications are running on differents servers, ie domains, I get a
    security error saying that I have no rights to call this method.

    When I put the second application on the same server as the main, I have no
    security alert.

    How to avoid this error and allow croos-frame scripting

    May be it is not the forum for this question, but as everything is
    asp.net...

    Thanks for help
    CS

    WT, May 4, 2006

  2. as you have found, cross frame scripting is restricted to frames from the
    same domain. you can write a proxy page or handler on the 2.0 site that
    passes the 1.1 request to the 1.1 server and returns the results.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), May 4, 2006