Cross Page Posting in .Net 2.0

WertmanTheMad

Hmmm

Maybe someone can help with this either
A) I am missing something Big ,
B) I am missing something small,

Either way I am missing something

I have 2 ASPX Pages VB in .Net 2.0 Beta 1

I have a control (Button1 lets say)in a datagrid in a view, inside a
multiview, inside a Master page, I set the post url to another page
within the application , HOW THE HECK Do I EASILY get both the name of
the control that posted a value AND the value, ok so after I typed
that Duh I can get the value with a Request.Form, but How do I get
button1 (the names might be different)

So , just inside a a GridView the page the control is posted to would
be
Something like this GridView1$ctl02$SCREWY (Where SCREWEY is the
button name) now this gets significantly longer and uglier inside a
view then inside a multiview , you get the point.

The PreviousPage.Findcontrol seems to be a little lacking (unless I am
using it wrong)

Any help here ?

THe hink is I may not know the name of the control being passed, as
this page is to be able to be posted to from one of 5 or so different
grid in different views on just about as many pages.

Chris