Cross Platform, Curses-Style Text Editor?

MeTheGameMakingGuy

I'm writing a little 'command line simulator' in Python. It runs
completely within regular command lines, using simple prints and
raw_inputs. I need to code a text editor for editing the virtual files
in the simulation. It needs to function somewhat like pywarrior
(ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=866035), although simplified, of
course. However, I'd like it to run on as many platforms as possible.
pywarrior only runs on Linux/Mac OS, probably due to the 'curses'
module.

Is there a cross-platform way to write a simple, pywarrior-esque text
editor?