Cross platform "Mailto" problem

dnickell

I may be "deprecated" but I still would like some help.

I just found out that using "mailto: (e-mail address removed)" won't work
from the Mozilla Browser to the NS 4.78 Communicator.

BUT this syntax will: mailto:[email protected]?Subject=data info.&body="

Unless I'm wrong, as usual, what's the syntax for the HTML
statement for a simple mailto: statement that will work for
cross platforms?

(Maybe "cross platforms" isn't the correct terminology, but I've used
it here until something better comes along. ;-) )

Thanks,
Don

David Dorward

dnickell said:
I just found out that using "mailto: (e-mail address removed)" won't work
from the Mozilla Browser to the NS 4.78 Communicator.

Remove the space after the colon.

Don.

David said:
Remove the space after the colon.

How the hell did that get in there? Geezo, wheezo. Errant fingers, again!

Sorry, folks that's not what I meant to say. I meant:

"mailto:[email protected]" won't work

Sorry to waste you time, David,

Don

Jukka K. Korpela

Don. said:
Sorry, folks that's not what I meant to say. I meant:

"mailto:[email protected]" won't work

Actually, if you wanted help, you should have said
a) how it fails to work (your computer catches fire? nothing happens?)
b) where it fails to work, and what you expected it to do.

There's a fundamental difference between using a mailto: URL in a link
and in a form's action attribute. Only of them has a defined meaning.