    Is there any tool available for to satisfy my requirement

    Thanks with regards

    Sanjay Meher

    Sanjay Meher, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Sanjay Meher

    Phlip Guest

    Sanjay Meher wrote:

    > I have developed an application in Java for the crossplatform
    > compentency.
    > But my customer is is complaining it as it is very slow. I have made
    > the same thing using vc++ and find it appealing.
    >
    > Is there any tool available for to satisfy my requirement

    What is your question? A tool to make Java faster? Or a tool to make VC++
    cross-platform?

    Warning: All these answers are off-topic, and would get better answers on
    newsgroups devoted to Java or VC++. VC++ is just one implementation of C++.

    If you need faster Java, research Java profiling tools, and then use one to
    find your bottleneck(s). Then refactor the Java to make it do fewer things
    between each keystroke.

    If you need portable C++, you must specify what platforms you need to port
    between. If the range is as narrow as "Linux, Mac & Windows", use a library
    like wxWindows.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Feb 7, 2004

  3. "Sanjay Meher" <> wrote in message
    > I have developed an application in Java for the crossplatform
    > compentency.
    > But my customer is is complaining it as it is very slow. I have made
    > the same thing using vc++ and find it appealing.
    >
    > Is there any tool available for to satisfy my requirement

    Which requirement?
    What is your application doing?
    What are the non-standard classes/libraries of VC++ that you used
    and want to replace with a cross-platform equivalent?

    No one will be able to help you without this information.

    Ivan
    --
    http://ivan.vecerina.com/contact/?subject=NG_POST <- e-mail contact form

    Ivan Vecerina, Feb 7, 2004