    linux and macOS?

    Thank you in advance,

    Timothy.

    Timothy V, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Hi,

    "Timothy V" <> wrote in message
    news:#Ic$...

    > People often say that the .NET Framework is cross-platform. Does this mean
    > linux and macOS?

    I think the current answer should be 'kind of'/'sorta'. Everyone can make
    their own implementation of the framework. However there is no framework
    version supported by Microsoft for other operating systems. However, you
    might want to take a look on the web on information about "Rotor" the
    "Shared Source" CLI of MS, I believe that runs on macOS and freeBSD.

    You should be able to find more information here:

    Mono (www.go-mono.org)
    dotGNU (http://www.dotgnu.org/)
    dotGNU Portable.NET (http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html)

    Kind regards,