Cross site authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by paolo, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. paolo

    paolo Guest

    Hello Everyone,

    I am struggling to make cross site authentication work...

    I have a aspnet 1.1 app (which is to be converted to 2.0 shortly) that has
    to be integrated with another aspnet 2.0 app.

    The need is to use the same login form for both apps, so I modified my
    web.config file in order to use the other app' login page, so far so good.

    All authentication tags are the same on both web.config files and also the
    machine key has been set to the same value and not autogenerated.

    Problem is that it all works if both apps are installed on the same box. If
    they are on different boxes (and this is the case in the production
    environment) the user is not authenticated and, of course, gets redirected
    again to the external login page and enters and infinite loop...

    Any ideas?

    TIA
    Paolo

    paolo, Dec 16, 2008

  2. On Dec 16, 5:36 pm, "paolo" <> wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I am struggling to make cross site authentication work...
    >
    > I have a aspnet 1.1 app (which is to be converted to 2.0 shortly) that has
    > to be integrated with another aspnet 2.0 app.
    >
    > The need is to use the same login form for both apps, so I modified my
    > web.config file in order to use the other app' login page, so far so good..

    Hi Paolo,

    take a look at the following post (#5) and read comments at the end.
    http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/michael_morozov/archive/2006/03/17/72.aspx

    Then look at http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=1513&pId=-1
    or simply http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sso asp.net

    Hope this helps