Cross site authentication

paolo

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to make cross site authentication work...

I have a aspnet 1.1 app (which is to be converted to 2.0 shortly) that has
to be integrated with another aspnet 2.0 app.

The need is to use the same login form for both apps, so I modified my
web.config file in order to use the other app' login page, so far so good.

All authentication tags are the same on both web.config files and also the
machine key has been set to the same value and not autogenerated.

Problem is that it all works if both apps are installed on the same box. If
they are on different boxes (and this is the case in the production
environment) the user is not authenticated and, of course, gets redirected
again to the external login page and enters and infinite loop...

Any ideas?

TIA
Paolo

Guest

Hello Everyone,

I am struggling to make cross site authentication work...

I have a aspnet 1.1 app (which is to be converted to 2.0 shortly) that has
to be integrated with another aspnet 2.0 app.

The need is to use the same login form for both apps, so I modified my
web.config file in order to use the other app' login page, so far so good..

Hi Paolo,

take a look at the following post (#5) and read comments at the end.
http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/michael_morozov/archive/2006/03/17/72.aspx

Then look at http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=1513&pId=-1
or simply http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sso+asp.net

Hope this helps