    send data from a Biztalk orchestration to a Sharepoint web part.
    Thanks for any help.
    , Jan 24, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My question is: how can I fire an event from an object on one machine
    > and listen for and handle that event in an object on another machine?
    > Does anyone know if this is possible? Here is my problem:
    >
    > I'm creating an enterprise application which integrates multiple
    > smaller applications through Biztalk Server. The presentation layer
    > will be a Sharepoint portal site on a separate machine. I will need to
    > send data from a Biztalk orchestration to a Sharepoint web part.
    > Thanks for any help.

    It sounds like you should be using COM+ Loosely Coupled Events with proxy
    classes to objects on other machines. .NET enterprise services are the .NET
    'bridge' into COM+.

    Richard
    --
    My email address is encrypted with ROT13 (see
    www.rot13.com)
    Richard Grimes [MVP], Jan 31, 2005

    Thanks, Richard. I'm kind of a newbie, and don't know what .NET
    enterprise services are yet. As of now, we're planning to use .NET
    remoting to fire the events from server to client. For example, we
    will enter data into one application and have a Biztalk SQL adapter
    listening for an insert. The SQL adapter will hear the insert and call
    a Biztalk orchestration. The orchestration will raise an event for
    Sharepoint (we think over .NET remoting). Sharepoint will hear this
    event and display the appropriate web page insdie a web part We plan
    to use a custom alert to make Sharepoint display the page inside a web
    part. Does this sound feasible to you?
    , Feb 2, 2005