cross - tier event delegation

ruselw

My question is: how can I fire an event from an object on one machine
and listen for and handle that event in an object on another machine?
Does anyone know if this is possible? Here is my problem:

I'm creating an enterprise application which integrates multiple
smaller applications through Biztalk Server. The presentation layer
will be a Sharepoint portal site on a separate machine. I will need to
send data from a Biztalk orchestration to a Sharepoint web part.
Thanks for any help.

Richard Grimes [MVP]

My question is: how can I fire an event from an object on one machine
and listen for and handle that event in an object on another machine?
Does anyone know if this is possible? Here is my problem:

I'm creating an enterprise application which integrates multiple
smaller applications through Biztalk Server. The presentation layer
will be a Sharepoint portal site on a separate machine. I will need to
send data from a Biztalk orchestration to a Sharepoint web part.
Thanks for any help.

It sounds like you should be using COM+ Loosely Coupled Events with proxy
classes to objects on other machines. .NET enterprise services are the .NET
'bridge' into COM+.

Richard

ruselw

Thanks, Richard. I'm kind of a newbie, and don't know what .NET
enterprise services are yet. As of now, we're planning to use .NET
remoting to fire the events from server to client. For example, we
will enter data into one application and have a Biztalk SQL adapter
listening for an insert. The SQL adapter will hear the insert and call
a Biztalk orchestration. The orchestration will raise an event for
Sharepoint (we think over .NET remoting). Sharepoint will hear this
event and display the appropriate web page insdie a web part We plan
to use a custom alert to make Sharepoint display the page inside a web
part. Does this sound feasible to you?