CrossPage Posting and the How Do I Webcast

Marcial

The following code is supposed to allow me to capture some label.text values
from a preceeding page. I have placed a link button control on "source page"
and configured the PostbackUrl property to point to the "destination page".
On the destination page I would like to retrieve the text values from the
"source page" and use them as needed. This is the basic functionality of
Crosspage posting as I understand it.

However when I run the page and click the link button I am preented wtih an
error:

NullReference was unhandled by the user code.

The code below was based on an ASP.NET 2.0 How Do I Vidoe Series: Tips and
Tricks. after viewin g the souce code and search a bit fro how to debugg it
I tried adding the New keyword declarations. However the error above
contiues to appear.

Now that i've exposed myself as the newbie that i am can someone explain the
obvious to me.

Thanks in advance!

Handles Me.Load
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

Dim c As New Label
Dim s As New Label

c.Text = Nothing
s.Text = Nothing

c = CType(PreviousPage.FindControl("CaseCounterLabel1"), Label)
s = CType(PreviousPage.FindControl("lblSpecies"), Label)

lblCaseCounter.Text = String.Format("Case Number {0}", c.Text)
lblSp_Cd.Text = String.Format("Species {1}", s.Text)

End If
End Sub

CaffieneRush

lblSp_Cd.Text = String.Format("Species {1}", s.Text)
Should be
lblSp_Cd.Text = String.Format("Species {0}", s.Text)

Lookup String.Format in MSDN if you want more information.

Marcial

Unfortunately changing the {1} to [0} did not work.
I reviewed the String.format method and am still suffering from a mental
block on what step I'm missing.