Crossplatform (Windows/Linux) RMI System??

Discussion in 'C++' started by Hotlips, Feb 28, 2007.

  1. Hotlips

    Hotlips Guest

    Hi
    I'm currently looking for a RMI system that works crossplatform (at
    least Windows/Linux).
    The system must support:
    - Basic C++ types like char, float double as both [in] and [out] (by
    value, and by reference)
    - std C++ types like std::string, std::wstring, std::vector, std::list
    as both [in] and [out]
    - Userdefined types, primary structs only containing data as both [in]
    and [out]
    - Object references as both [in] and [out]
    - Calls from multiple threads (no thread affinity)
    - Multiple callbacks without deadlocks
    - support for some sort of exception-mechanism

    The products that needs to use this RMI system are a peer-to-peer
    network and there is no specific server, so I do not know if Corba
    (???) meets this demand, but sugestions for other dedicated RMI
    systems are welcome.

    I have already created an extendable IDL compiler so an IDL compiler
    is not a must (because we have our own).

    I hope someone will come up with some suggestions!

    Best Regards,
    Kristian Lippert

    Hotlips, Feb 28, 2007