Crud statistics

CBFalconer

For the past week I have been collecting data on the relative
incidence of crud in the 18 newsgroups I monitor. Here crud is
defined as anything that gets caught by my filters, and good is
anything that passes them. The results follow:

date | Sat | Sun | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat
Bad | 96 | 108 | 93 | 100 | 101 | 135 | 101 | 74
Good | 387 | 388 | 598 | 519 | 550 | 643 | 409 | 402

The figures confirm my belief that traffic falls off over the
weekend. It does NOT confirm my attitude that crud drops off at
the same time.

My filters are arranged to prevent down-loading when identified.

I have set follow-ups to comp.programming, which is under-utilized
and fairly liberal as to content. It is also universally
available. Please do not alter this.