Crud statistics

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by CBFalconer, Jun 17, 2007.

  1. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    For the past week I have been collecting data on the relative
    incidence of crud in the 18 newsgroups I monitor. Here crud is
    defined as anything that gets caught by my filters, and good is
    anything that passes them. The results follow:

    date | Sat | Sun | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat
    ---- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    Bad | 96 | 108 | 93 | 100 | 101 | 135 | 101 | 74
    Good | 387 | 388 | 598 | 519 | 550 | 643 | 409 | 402

    The figures confirm my belief that traffic falls off over the
    weekend. It does NOT confirm my attitude that crud drops off at
    the same time.

    My filters are arranged to prevent down-loading when identified.

    I have set follow-ups to comp.programming, which is under-utilized
    and fairly liberal as to content. It is also universally
    available. Please do not alter this.

    cbfalconer at maineline dot net

    CBFalconer, Jun 17, 2007