crypt and decrypt IP address for a php project

Discussion in 'Python' started by danielle d'avout, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I would like to take part of the Harvester Project,
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/harvest_project/,
    but in order to trick spammers into revealing their IP addresses when they are
    harvesting email addresses from web sites based on Python
    we need to "translate" some php into python
    <?php
    $REMOTE_ADDR = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR");
    $bait = base64_encode($REMOTE_ADDR);
    ?>
    banned from hundreds of web sites</p>
    ?><?=rand(1,999)?>@spywareinfo.org">Webmaster</a>
    ?><?=rand(1,999)?>@spywareinfo.org">Editor</a>
    ?><?=rand(1,999)?>@spywareinfo.org">Sales</a>

    Is it possible, difficult? How can spywareinfo.org decrypts the IP if Python
    and Php have not their corresponding base64_encode related?

    Is there a project of the same kind for Python websites?
    thanks

    danielle d'avout, Jun 2, 2004

  2. danielle d'avout

    Paul Rubin Guest

    danielle d'avout <> writes:
    > Is it possible, difficult? How can spywareinfo.org decrypts the IP if Python
    > and Php have not their corresponding base64_encode related?

    It's easy, and the base64 routines should be compatible (that's why
    base64 is a standard). However, if you're having trouble with this,
    it may be easier for you to just stay with the php version.

    Paul Rubin, Jun 3, 2004