Crypt::RSA, manual module installation

alex

hello,

need help with the subject. i need a module. unfortunately official
PPM way doesn work for me (proxy/firewall issues). i am trying to
install it manually. what i basically do is i run following code:
#!/path/perl -w
use Crypt::RSA;
my $rsa=Crypt::RSA->new;
and search/download and copy modules needed for the successfull run. i
have come up to following error:

Can't locate loadable object for module Math::pARI at
/path/Crypt/Random.pm line 14

if i look into Crypt/Random.pm, the line 14 is:

use Math::pari qw(PARI flooor Mod pari2pv pari2num lift);

now i have no idea what to do.. Any advices?

thanks,
alex

Dieter D'Hoker

alex said:
hello,

need help with the subject. i need a module. unfortunately official
PPM way doesn work for me (proxy/firewall issues). i am trying to
install it manually. what i basically do is i run following code:
#!/path/perl -w
use Crypt::RSA;
my $rsa=Crypt::RSA->new;
and search/download and copy modules needed for the successfull run. i
have come up to following error:

Can't locate loadable object for module Math::pARI at
/path/Crypt/Random.pm line 14

if i look into Crypt/Random.pm, the line 14 is:

use Math::pari qw(PARI flooor Mod pari2pv pari2num lift);

now i have no idea what to do.. Any advices?

Did you try the CPAN shell method ?
I did the following:

start -> run ... -> cmd.exe

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install Crypt::RSA

It ran for a while and I got this:

Failed 15/16 test scripts, 6.25% okay. 0/6 subtests failed, 100.00% okay.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\nmake.exe"
test --
NOT OK
Running make install
make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

While running I also got this error message popping up:
Perl Command Line Interpreter has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So it seems that "make" worked but "make test" failed,
maybe your scriped would still work that way, you could try ...