Crypt::RSA, manual module installation

Discussion in 'Perl' started by alex, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. alex

    alex Guest

    hello,

    need help with the subject. i need a module. unfortunately official
    PPM way doesn work for me (proxy/firewall issues). i am trying to
    install it manually. what i basically do is i run following code:
    #!/path/perl -w
    use Crypt::RSA;
    my $rsa=Crypt::RSA->new;
    and search/download and copy modules needed for the successfull run. i
    have come up to following error:

    Can't locate loadable object for module Math::pARI at
    /path/Crypt/Random.pm line 14

    if i look into Crypt/Random.pm, the line 14 is:

    use Math::pari qw(PARI flooor Mod pari2pv pari2num lift);

    now i have no idea what to do.. Any advices?

    thanks,
    alex
    alex, Jun 25, 2004

  2. alex wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > need help with the subject. i need a module. unfortunately official
    > PPM way doesn work for me (proxy/firewall issues). i am trying to
    > install it manually. what i basically do is i run following code:
    > #!/path/perl -w
    > use Crypt::RSA;
    > my $rsa=Crypt::RSA->new;
    > and search/download and copy modules needed for the successfull run. i
    > have come up to following error:
    >
    > Can't locate loadable object for module Math::pARI at
    > /path/Crypt/Random.pm line 14
    >
    > if i look into Crypt/Random.pm, the line 14 is:
    >
    > use Math::pari qw(PARI flooor Mod pari2pv pari2num lift);
    >
    > now i have no idea what to do.. Any advices?

    Did you try the CPAN shell method ?
    I did the following:

    start -> run ... -> cmd.exe

    perl -MCPAN -e shell
    install Crypt::RSA

    It ran for a while and I got this:

    Failed 15/16 test scripts, 6.25% okay. 0/6 subtests failed, 100.00% okay.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\nmake.exe"
    test --
    NOT OK
    Running make install
    make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

    While running I also got this error message popping up:
    Perl Command Line Interpreter has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience.

    So it seems that "make" worked but "make test" failed,
    maybe your scriped would still work that way, you could try ...

    --
    Dieter D'Hoker
    news:free.nl.dieter.dhoker & news:alt.nl.fan.dieter.dhoker
    Dieter D'Hoker, Jun 25, 2004