crypto library for license management?

jhc0033

Can anyone recommend good cross-platform (Windows/Linux/Mac at least)
crypto library for C++? I'll need it for a roll-your-own license
manager for our software. Because of the nature of the task, the
library's algorithms need not be too bullet-proof, but the procedures
should be implemented "in the headers" and inlined a lot of places.

(I know it's fashionable to bash copy-protection, but some extreme low-
volume highly specialized products may require it)