CryptographicException: Bad Data. Any idea why this happens?

simonmarkjones

Hi my webserver is running .Net 1.1 and intermittently i get the
following error when I look at one of the websites. Does anyone out
there have any idea why this happens?

And how I can try and start solving the problem. Most of the time the
website works okay. Thanks in advance!

Server Error in '/Ed/ENROL' Application.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----

Bad Data.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException:

Bad Data.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: Bad Data.
]
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform._DecryptData(IntPtr
hKey, Byte[] rgb, Int32 ib, Int32 cb, Boolean fDone) +0

System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoAPITransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[]

inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount) +805
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock() +40
System.Web.Configuration.MachineKey.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean
fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length) +139
System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(String
encryptedTicket) +114
FSSL.Enrol.WebUI.Global.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object
sender, EventArgs e) +79

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep­.Execute()

+60

completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300