Crystal report Generation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. Hello All,
    Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?

    1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
    Combo box displays records from the database.
    I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
    from the
    combo.
    The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
    folder...

    For example the combo contains name like
    aaaaa
    bbbbb
    ccccc
    ddddd
    eeeee
    fffff
    ggggg
    and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
    only the
    details of bbbbb...

    If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...

    Thanks in advance
    Jackfadd

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Sep 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    Turkbear Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 02:18:01 -0700, Jack <> wrote:

    >Hello All,
    >Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
    >
    >1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
    >Combo box displays records from the database.
    >I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
    >from the
    >combo.
    >The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
    >folder...
    >

    >For example the combo contains name like
    >aaaaa
    >bbbbb
    >ccccc
    >ddddd
    >eeeee
    >fffff
    >ggggg
    >and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
    >only the
    >details of bbbbb...
    >
    >If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Jackfadd

    Create a parameter in the report and pass it the value from the combo box..

    Without knowing how you are calling the report ( or which version, or whether you are using CE/ BOE ) more specificity
    is not possible.

    Turkbear, Sep 26, 2006

  3. Iam using BOE for the report generation...

    Regards
    Jack

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Sep 27, 2006