Crystal report Generation

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jack, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hello All,
    Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?

    1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a command button.
    Combo box displays records from the database.
    I wanted to generate a report which is based on the record that user selects
    from the
    combo.
    The report is designed using crystal report correctly and saved in Inetpub
    folder...

    For example the combo contains name like
    aaaaa
    bbbbb
    ccccc
    ddddd
    eeeee
    fffff
    ggggg
    and if user selects bbbbb and click on the Generate button the report should
    only the
    details of bbbbb...

    If anyone can give code its very much appreciated...

    Thanks in advance
    Jackfadd
    Jack, Sep 24, 2006

  2. Jack wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
    >
    > 1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 24, 2006

  3. Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > Jack wrote:
    >> Hello All,
    >> Can anyone here suggest me a solution to solve my follwoing problem?
    >>
    >> 1) I got a .aspx page and on that page i got a combo box and a

    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through
    > some of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours
    > - always a recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp
    > newsgroup. ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so,
    > while you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person
    > here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor
    > by posting your question to a group where those dotnet-knowledgeable
    > people hang out. I suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    Oops - I hit Send too soon!

    Moreover, your question really does not make sense or I would have tried to
    answer it here. When you post to the aspnet group, rephrase your question.

    ASP.Net does not have a combo box (you must be coming from a VB6
    background).
    A dropdown contains a list of optiontags, not records.
    Do you have a saved report file with paarameter(s)? If so provide some
    details
    Are you asking how to pass parameter values to a report?

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 24, 2006