Crystal Report Loads Inconsistently

Corbin

I've been going in circles on this for a week. Please help:

I'm running a web app with ASP.NET 1.1 and Crystal Reports for .NET.
The app has three reports, two of which are reliable both on my
development machine and on my client's production server. The third
report is reliable on my development machine, but not on the
production server. I can think of nothing different about this third
report that would cause it to be so fragile. Here is what I do to
replicate the problem:

1. Reboot the production web server.
2. Log into the application in question.
3. Open the unstable report and then close it.
4. Repeat step 3 about 4 times.

On about the 4th time, an exception is triggered in my aspx page and
it displays a page that I redirect to from the Catch portion of my
Try/Catch/Finally block. Then I can repeat step 4 again, and not even
the try/catch works. Instead it displays the system error information
that I've posted at the bottom of this message. It also does the
following at this point:

1. The other two reports become inaccessible. They either hang
indefinitely or they display the same error message.
2. The ASP worker process jumps to 100% CPU and will not come down.
3. Unspecified errors occur randomly throughout all the functions in
the app until IIS is restarted.

It is clearly not related to permissions or configuration, or the
error would occur on the first run and not the fourth. I have watched
memory usage and there is no indication of a memory leak causing the
problem. I have tried upgrading the production server from Win2K /
IIS 5.1 to Win2003 / IIS 6.0, and the behavior is unchanged. Any
ideas? Thanks in advance.

Corbin

***ERROR INFORMATION REFERENCED ABOVE***

Load report failed.

Exception Details: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportException:
Load report failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[LoadSaveReportException: Load report failed.]
.F(String  , EngineExceptionErrorID
) +272
.B(String , Int32 ) +54
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String
reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1191
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String
reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +466
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDataSource(Object
value) +260
RptVwr.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2979