Crystal Report Viewer Memory Overhead

mano.bharath

I am developing a windows application in VB.NET 2005 that includes a
number
of crystal reports.

To use the reports I use the included crystal report viewer and pass a
dataset to the report at runtime in order to report from. The issue I
am
having is with the amount of memory that the crystal viewer uses and
doesn't
recover.

When I first load a report it can add an extra 30Mb to my applications
memory usage, then as I close and open report viewer that usage keeps
increasing. The memory overhead never seems to recover after I have
closed
the crystal viewer.

I have been looking at VB.NET 2005 and using the new crystal viewer in
that
environment has the same problem, if not actually using more memory to
display the same report.

Is this a known issue, and if so are there any known solutions?

Any advice would be appreciated.