Crystal Reports Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U3RyZXRjaA==?=, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I've got an intermittent problem with one of my ASP.NET database and
    reporting applications that I developed with Visual Studio .NET 2003. I'm
    using the Crystal Reports components integrated into VS.NET. To display a
    selected report my code
    1. fills a dataset
    2. sets the data source of my strongly typed report to the filled dataset
    3. exports the report to a memory stream
    4. writes the stream into the Response

    Here is an example of the VB.NET code:
    '*** Beginning of sample code
    Dim oRpt As New MyReportClass
    Dim oStream As New MemoryStream

    SqlDA_MyDataAdapter.Fill(dsMyDataset, "MyTable")

    oRpt.SetDataSource(dsMyDataset)

    oStream =
    oRpt.ExportToStream(CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat)

    Response.Clear()
    Response.Buffer = True
    Response.BinaryWrite(oStream.ToArray())
    Response.End()
    '*** End of sample code

    The error I get when the report is requested is:
    Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
    "C:\DOCUME~1\CYPRES~1\IWAM_W~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\export_47ab5362-8c19-4653-aaab-da2163d3c318.tmp" because it is being used by another process.

    Any suggestions?

    Thank you
    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyZXRjaA==?=, Oct 12, 2005