Crystal Reports Export Problem

Grant Szabo

I need to export a report with stored procedure parameters from ASP.NET. I
cannot find any way to set the parameters from the ReportDocument object.

I'm using C# on ASP.NET with Crystal v9 and SQL Server 2000.

Reports without parameters export perfectly.

Can anyone throw me a bone on how to do this?

Thank you,
Grant Szabo

Grant Szabo

I was able to find the answer to this. In a nutshell, you need to use the
SetParameterValue() method of the ReportDocument object. For example:

crReportDocument.SetParameterValue("@intWidgetId", this.intWidgetId);
crReportDocument.SetParameterValue("@intAnotherParameter", this.intValue);
crReportDocument.Export();

(crReportDocument is CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument
instance)

If anyone needs help with this and needs more code to explain this just
reply to me directly. Parameterized reports are now exporting properly to
PDF using the free VS.NET implementation of Crystal.

Best regards,
Grant Szabo
http://www.quagmire.com