Crystal Reports -- how to create HTML-like tables?

matt

(first -- does anyone know of a good CR group?)

hello,

i am new to CR. i have created one report that queries the db and
presents the data to the user in a tabular-like format.

however, i could find no "table designer" in CR (im on 9, its our
corporate standard still). thus i had to draw a box, and manually draw
lines inbetween the details fields and rows in order to make it look
like a table (in effect creating column and row lines).

this works. however, it *doesnt* work when it comes to behaving like a
table -- since the lines dont adjust for content. meaning, if i have a
details field (say "Comments") that i enable "Can Grow" on, the content
will grow to multiple lines, BUT, the horizontal line i drew to
distinguish rows *doesnt* move -- so the auto-growing-content overflows
its bounding lines. dah!

im sure im missing something. drawing "tables" manually with lines like
this seems very primitive and lacking in features that even Word
supports. i would hope that after 9 releases theres a method for
building layout tables, w/ support for column & row spanning.

can someone tell me how its done? or point me in a good direction?

thanks!
matt